Sign in to follow this  

07 to 09 yz250f jetting post your results here

has anybody tryed the 2009 stock NHKR needle or 2009 optional neddles MOTOCROSS ACTION SAYS yamaha has come out in 2009 with new neddles to fine tune the yz250f ...will post here my results next week i have the NHKR neddle on order they dont cost much 13 dollars could save you 75 dollars compaired to the price of JD or others

In the man's defense, those jetting specs are all over the board. I looked at them and found nothing that corresponded with my testing.

Sam2007, the OEM needle on the 07 didn't work well at all for me at 700' ASL. I found that the needle seemed to be fat in the middle and lean on top. The MJ I installed for best WFO made the needle too fat. BBrown in CA had similar results. Most guys ended up ditching the OEM and going to JD or using an 08 needle. Jesse with Wiliamsmotorwerx had some settings he posted using the 08 needle. I also ditched the stock 42PJ for a 40PJ and used a 40 LJ with the oring mod.

Keep in mind that all bikes run slightly differently from bike to bike. Jetting is neither right nor wrong but it either works well or it doesn't on YOUR bike.