Sign in to follow this  

Strength Help

August 30 I had a pretty bad crash.I was in ICU for 3 weeks,broke ribs ,alot,PUNCTURED LUNG, broken dislocated ankle some other stuff.My full stay was about a month. So I was bed ridden for 1 month at the hospital and another month at home. I made it back to work after 4 months.The thing now is I' m weaker than heck.I went through some PT but it was pretty weak,It was more for the ankle instead of total body work..I've been working out 3 times a week low pounds high reps.I tryto do 3 min a station,I repeat the stations 3Xs.I still feel like poop, Is there a steroid that can help me but not cause me to want to beat my family.I'm getting discourged..

I can understand your frustration but proper recovery takes time. I would concentrating on proper recovery before looking to the "Gear". To be honest, I have heard the benefits of gH are similar to 10 hours of sleep a night and a good mulit v.

i wouldnt get into steroids and such if i were you. Since your trying to bulk up i would recomend lifting 6 days a week and lifting each body part twice a week. ITs gona take time so dont get discouraged if your not seeing the result you want in a month or two. you wont be able to gain the muscle you lost back in the same amount of time it took for you to lose it.

It sounds like you may be over-training by doing too many reps. Try to do sets where you increase weight and decrease reps as you go ie. Bench press - 15 reps warm up, then 12 reps with a weight that you can only do about twelve reps with, then 10 reps with a bit more weight, then 8 reps with more weight, then 6 reps with more weight. Rest about 45 seconds between sets. Then do dumbell curls, same deal with the reps/sets as bench, then do military press, then do lat pull downs, then do tricep pulls, then done - do lower body two days later, then upper body again two days after that and keep alternating. After about a month or two, sub in some exercises for variety (your muscles will get used to what you are doing and you will plateau without switching it up a bit), but try to do basics like inclined bench, barbell curls, a different basic shoulder exercise, a different basic back exercise etc...

Do 20 - 40 minutes of cardio on the days you are not weight training.

Let us know how you are doing.

Chuck

STAY OFF THE ROIDS, unless you get blood tests and your doctor finds you deficient in certain hormones.

I agree with basic compound movements. A more mid to low range rep w/o

should help. Keep reps between 5-6 and 12 reps dictated by wt.Not too many sets.

frequent 5-6 daily meals fairly high in protein. I would stay away from the

anabolics ESPECIALLY if you are young. They would speed recovery and strength but will mess with your endocrine system.You don't want to do that as it is another hassle to contend with.your own recovery abilities and strength will improve with proper nutrition/training and time.Oh yeah cardio as stated above is very important. Don't neglect heart and lungs. best wishes.

If you are looking just for an extra boost, there are alot of pre workout drinks that work great, I recommend superpump 250, i feel like i can lift the world when im taking it.

My hub did that, broke ribs, punctured lung(without the ankles). Seriously, take it easy. You'll be at higher risk to re-pop that lung for a long time too(by coughing or something). DON"T SMOKE and try your best not to get sick.

DO they have you in PT? my hub did a few months of pt for his shoulder, he fractured the scapula and seprated everything. They started a few weeks after his accident. He was told to do things that got his normal range of motion back, but not stress (like by lifting weights) for at least like 4-5 months.

To answer some questions,I'm 37.Not realy trying to bulk up, I would rather get the endurance back.No i don't smoke and the lung feels strong,Dr.says everything sounds good.I just want ,or think, I should be getting faster results.Thanks for the input keep it coming..