Sign in to follow this  

Why does my FCR look different

I have an FCR from either an 06 or 07 E and I was reading the install process on DRZ faqs and noticed that the TT carb they used looks a little different. For example, I do not have the pilot air and main air jet molded into the manifold.

I have ordered the necessary parts from Suzuki and will be ordering the other parts from Sudco. Is there another install guide for my carb? I remember something about needing the E throttle cable. Any other tips is appreciated Thanks!

I have an FCR from either an 06 or 07 E and I was reading the install process on DRZ faqs and noticed that the TT carb they used looks a little different. For example, I do not have the pilot air and main air jet molded into the manifold.

I have ordered the necessary parts from Suzuki and will be ordering the other parts from Sudco. Is there another install guide for my carb? I remember something about needing the E throttle cable. Any other tips is appreciated Thanks!

what you have is the older style slant body fcr.

TT store sells the fcr-mx, which is the newer version.

not sure what you mean about the pilot air & main air jets.

yes, you will need E model throttle cables. E model inlet tube. either E model outlet tube or bell mouth to match current outlet tube(assuming you have S or SM).

and a vaccum nipple if you're still using the vacuum operated petcock.

I have these items so far:

1)'E' Intake Manifold: Suzuki p/n 13111-29F00, Pipe,Intake

2)'E' Manifold Clamp: Suzuki p/n 09402-58208, Clamp

3)vacuum port nipple to retain S petcock Suzuki p/n 13685-29F00 Union,Intake Port

Need to order:

1-021-216 FCR adapter 2-3/8 carb to S air boot $35.65

2-021-439 o-ring for adapter 3.68

3-017-262 EMN needle

4-E throttle cable

5-Jet kit and needle

I will try to get a pic later.

So I will just do the same install as posted.

I have an FCR from either an 06 or 07 E
I have these items so far:

Need to order:

1)016-925 39mm fcr-mx w/choke no tps.

2)021-216 FCR adapter 2-3/8 carb to S air boot $35.65

3)021-439 o-ring for adapter 3.68

4)017-262 EMN needle

5)E throttle cable

6)Jet kit and needle

I'm confused. If you already have an FCR from an '06 or '07 E, why are you ordering the FCR-MX?

If you're using the E FCR, you'll need E throttle cables (Motion Pro 04-0196). If you're using the FCR-MX, you reuse your stock S/SM throttle cables.

You don't have to use the "021-216 FCR adapter 2-3/8 carb to S air boot" if you're using the E model FCR. Instead, get a stock E model airboot. Just as it came from the factory.

Tipsy

Oh Duh,I put that in by mistake. I don't have that FCR.

I did order this stuff about a year ago so thats why I probably didn't order the 021-216 FCR adapter 2-3/8 carb to S air boot.

So, All I need now are these items? I have a stock exhaust with the 3x3 mod. Not sure what jet size. Can anyone point me to the FCR install info other than the one in DRZ faqs?

1)021-439 o-ring for adapter 3.68

2)017-262 EMN needle

3)E throttle cable

4)Jet kit and needle

5)200 main air jet

6)160 main jet

7)EMR or EMS needle

8)45 pilot jet

9)100 pilot air jet

I also didn't need (or get) the air boot - its fit just fine on the S one.

I have this FCR that I bought for $50. Notice the damage? I somewhat fixed it. I don't know what model FCR it is. It came out of an E. I forget what year. I may have an issue posting pics.

100_3377.jpg

100_3378.jpg

100_3379.jpg

FCR.jpg

What are the stock jet sizes in this carb?

So, All I need now are these items? I have a stock exhaust with the 3x3 mod. Not sure what jet size I need. Can anyone point me to the FCR install info other than the one in DRZ faqs?

1)021-439 o-ring for adapter

2)017-262 EMN needle

3)E throttle cable

4)Jet kit and needle

5)200 main air jet

6)160 main jet

7)EMR or EMS needle

8)45 pilot jet

9)100 pilot air jet

Looks like a std. fcr from an e-model ,slant body.

Can see it has a removable intake bell ,didn't know the fcr's of the e-model had one ,but it will fit.

Don't know what the hole in the carb is...

What are the stock jet sizes in this carb?

Stock should be:

* 142 main jet

* 200 main air jet

* 45 pilot jet

* 60 pilot air jet

* 65 Starter jet

* DXP needle on the 4th clip

So, All I need now are these items? I have a stock exhaust with the 3x3 mod. Not sure what jet size I need.

Basic jetting using the EMN needle is 160 main and 45 pilot.

Most of this is covered in a thread I started. If you're buying individual jets, there's no need to buy a jet kit. The decision on what pilot air jet you use is determined by whether or not you're going to retain the coast enrichener. If you remove the CE, you have a few options. It's easiest to just replace the PAJ with the adjustable pilot air screw.

Tipsy

That is part of the venting system. I have the lines in my box. That looks like what I am looking for. I am wondering if I have the same carb as you. So you recommend removing the CE and go with the pilot air screw?

That is part of the venting system. I have the lines in my box. Me thinks I need to re post this issue.

In your air box? If so I believe that is a no no with the FCR on a DRZ.

In your air box? If so I believe that is a no no with the FCR on a DRZ.
Considering he hasn't installed the carb on the bike yet, I'd assume he means he has the vent lines in his box of parts.

Tipsy

So you recommend removing the CE and go with the pilot air screw?
It's up to you but for simplicites sake, I removed the CE and installed the pilot air screw.

I bought the jets, EMN needle and pilot air screw from Carb Parts Warehouse. I also replaced the AP diaphragm...but I did this simply because my carb is nearly nine years old. Your carb is a lot newer.

I used Motion Pro E throttle cables, a stock Suzuki E manifold (and clamps) and a stock E airbox boot (and clamps).

Simple install.

Tipsy

Great info, Thanks! I have removed the CE and connected a hose between the nips.

So to sum up,I have these items so far:

3)vacuum port nipple to retain S petcock Suzuki p/n 13685-29F00 Union,Intake Port

Need to order:

1-021-216 FCR adapter 2-3/8 carb to S air boot $35.65 I heard this adapter is not needed

3-017-262 EMN needle

4-E throttle cable

5-150 main and 60 Pilot (CE removed)

6-TT extended screw

I am probably missing something.

Need to order:

1-021-216 FCR adapter 2-3/8 carb to S air boot $35.65 I heard this adapter is not needed

I recommend you simply replace the S airbox boot with an E airbox boot. Place a WTB in the TT classifieds, on ADV and on SMJunkie. You'll get one for just a few bucks and it will fit perfectly with your carb and no adapters.

The E airbox boot does not have the nipple on top for the hose that connects to the black oil breather box (the thing that's bolted to the frame just aft of your cam chain tensioner). It is easily identifiable in this way.

The hose from black breather box that is currently routed to the nipple on your S airbox boot will simply vent to atmosphere like it does on the factory E model. You'll probably need a slightly longer hose, but you can get that anywhere.

Tipsy

Great info, Thanks! I have removed the CE and connected a hose between the nips.

So to sum up,I have these items so far:

Need to order:

3-017-262 EMN needle

4-E throttle cable

5-150 main and 60 Pilot (CE removed)

6-TT extended screw

I am probably missing something.

I tried mine with the CE removed and a hose between the nipples and did not like the excesive poping on decel. I put the CE back on, the bike sounds and runs much better.

Glen.