Sign in to follow this  

Anyone modified their stock 08/09 stabilizer

Has anyone had their stock steering head stabilizer modified on the 08 or 09 450 X and if so by who and was it any good . Mine sort of works but I have heard that their is a lot more potential if set up correctly.

I'll try to get my hands on a copy of the magazine and check out both places you mentioned , thanks

I saw a write up in Dirt Rider, Pro Circuit does some re-valving/tweaking to the stock setup that DR claimed to work pretty good. I was just on PC web site and saw nothing about a damper service, so.... Who knows.

PC...pro circuit...precision concepts...easy to mix them up when you read so many mags.

In my best Diceman voice:

"What's the F'n difference honey?!"

:)

Ah, that explains a lot. Im going to have to dig up that magazine just to be 100%. Thanks for the correction though

There was a write up on this forum a while back. I tried it, and it was a huge difference. The stock damper isn't usually filled up with much oil, and by taking apart and filling it with 15 weight fork oil and filling it more completely, it works much better. It takes 15 minutes.

Factory connection will re-valve the Damper for $99.00 although they have never done a CRF 450 X only the R but can't be much difference . They also say they have all of the replacement seals etc. when you need to service again.

Pro Circuit as someone mentioned does not advertise the service on their site but they definitely do re-valve , re-build the X and R Dampers also for $99.00 and it can be done in a day.