Sign in to follow this  

Fitted any other exhausts?

Thinking about attatching something along the lines of a cherry bomb to the arse end of my DR, has anyone fitted anything other than a gix can so far?

I had a gsxr can on, but got bored coz it was a little too quiet. Chopped the bolt-on manifold off my link pipe, my friend took the pipe out to 2" OD and i've fitted a carbon oval Viper slipon from a bandit 600. Sounds pretty ace now!

I have a carbon M4 exhaust from a gsxr on mine. It's obnoxiously loud, I need to make an insert for it to quiet it down a bit.

m4-1.jpg

this an emgo shorty megaphone, i packed it full with stainless steel wool. sounds good and is round about $50 in the usa. they might be available in the uk. emgo is a taiwan outfit.

1217642423.jpg

small e, that 19 looks marvelous

maybe one will show up for me someday

Thanks! It makes for a nice improvement in handling too! If you are strictly a street rider, I would definitely recommend it.

Thinking about attatching something along the lines of a cherry bomb to the arse end of my DR, has anyone fitted anything other than a gix can so far?

Cherry bomb ? not much back pressure to be had with that i think ?

Whats your objective ? performance ? how loud you can make it ? cost ?

Bolting on any old crap to your DR can have an negative affect on its performance, but if a untuned exhaust is of no concern go for it.

Why not bolt on a Kernworth/Mack/Frieghtliner stack :banghead:

Mezo.:)

Im in the process of bolting a viper can on my DR 650 and having the mid pipe made up custom, hope it will sound good! Also is the picture in the previous post a 19inch front with the standard rear? Sounds like the best way for me to get my budget supermoto project in full swing!

thats is a 19 frt with a std 17 rear and the is bike lowered on both ends via the factory method.

not to rob you thread but what did that rim come from and was it a direct fit

Cherry bomb ? not much back pressure to be had with that i think ?

Whats your objective ? performance ? how loud you can make it ? cost ?

Bolting on any old crap to your DR can have an negative affect on its performance, but if a untuned exhaust is of no concern go for it.

Why not bolt on a Kernworth/Mack/Frieghtliner stack :banghead:

Mezo.:)

my aim is performance, FCR on its way, i wanna make it breath better before i start to jet it, otherwise ill just be doing it twice

well i would hate to start another wheel thread, but i sent the the stripped hub to east coast wheels. at the time they put it together for around $50 plus the spokes, rim and shipping. if i recall they were about a week late on their promise date. i had to install the brake rotor and tire. the speedo is off around 8%, on the low side.

Im in the process of bolting a viper can on my DR 650 and having the mid pipe made up custom, hope it will sound good! Also is the picture in the previous post a 19inch front with the standard rear? Sounds like the best way for me to get my budget supermoto project in full swing!

Budget supermoto is my aim too mate - Just started the process of fitting RGV 250 wheels onto mine. Its bloody easy. If you wanted super budget, you could just fit the front rgv wheel, and fit a road tyre to the original rear wheel. Bridgestone BT090's come in a 140 section rear, cheap as chips for a part worn on the bay :)