Sign in to follow this  

Standard White Styrofoam

I see alot of mention on here about using styrofoam to isulate a trailer. Can i use the standard white stuff that comes with furniture shipments. I have a mess of it and it comes in regularly. I am only doing the roof for now.

Sure it will work. My Home Depot even has 4x8 panels of the white stuff. The R value is slightly less than the pink or blue extruded version and about 20% less then the polyurethane type.

You really need to get a nice even layer. One price that you will pay is a big mess. When you cut it you always get a bunch of loose little white balls that go everywhere. This doesn't happen with the extruded.

Go to your local lowe's or home depot and get some garage door insulation it’s like 10 dollars for a 4X8 foot sheet and the sheets come in different thickness. The foam also has a plastic type film on it to keep bugs out and stay clean as well as easy to clean. In my opinion it’s the best stuff to use and no mess when cutting also

I already have a mess in the trailer from putting in the heater and cabintes. That's why i want to do it now, I already need to clean up a mess.