Sign in to follow this  

OK OK.........SO WHAT i rode a KTM yesterday!

YES since i got the stalker GASSYGHEYPHIL stalking me all over TT on other bike forums i guess i better confess before i get banned, I went and rode a KTM 450EXC last night in town. So What??? like we all havent looked and ridden the bitschen, hydraulic clutch, race bikes from KTM?? RIGHT??

WELL i know some go green but............orange and green is a PERFECT COMBO dont you think buddy???

Ehhh on the green. Never had any luck with them. They seem to rattle themselves apart. Will stick with red and orange.

Have been on the 450 and 530 EXC. Just no way in hell I can afford the coin of either.

Ehhh on the green. Never had any luck with them. They seem to rattle themselves apart. Will stick with red and orange.

yeah but with MFs greeny pickle and my possible orange crush dont you think we would make an awesome combo?????:)

If you are going to spend the big money and get a new bike............

TE 510 - HUSQVARNA!

TE 510 - HUSQVARNA!

not sure about the huskies, i know there nice, i actually looked at their site at the 610, not sure how they compare to the ktms but i know they are considerable less, like low $7k brand new.

not sure about the huskies, i know there nice, i actually looked at their site at the 610, not sure how they compare to the ktms but i know they are considerable less, like low $7k brand new.

:):banghead: :banghead: :foul:

If you can get them less let me know......TE510 is about $9200 OTD I love that bike!

i think i saw a price for the 610 which i just saw is a bit different than the 510, that 510 looks like an awesome bike!! maybe have to get down to malcom smith and check em out. Thats same prices as new ktm 530s too, I do think the te510 is prolly the baddest looking bike though of all DS bikes!!

8599 for 09 te510

some 08s left and there 6900 msrp so better go pick one up!

yeah but with MFs greeny pickle and my possible orange crush dont you think we would make an awesome combo?????:banghead:

Any 500 2 smoke is :) I am sure he would be able to keep up with you on the 450.

I would jump on a Husky no questions either. Look like great bikes except people seem to complain about the ignition coils. Still a problem?

Just be careful. If you spend too much time on an orange one, all of your red riding friends may call you the same thing that mine call me. I've had to endure other taunts such as the "Man 'O Lantern" and the favorite of when I crash, "The Pumpkin Chucker." I have also been called something not so flattering that sounds really close to the last one but is unwritable on a message board if I don't want to get banned.

TE 510 - HUSQVARNA!

I hear cam chain needs to be replaced at 10k. :)

the 610 has that sweet 6th gear but cam chain 10k :banghead:

now I am not 100% on that cam chain thing but thats what I hear.

I rode a 525 one time it was nice good power well set up, but every time I ride with that guy on the KTM it breaks down over heats the clutch goes out. one time it got so hot the oil fill plug melted and the carb drain line melted to the trans.

Ktm stands for KEEP THROWING MONEY?:banghead:

LMAO its all good i got thick skin and a hard hitting backhand for those peoples!!! so why the KawAsucKy pic for the avatar then?????

I hear cam chain needs to be replaced at 10k. :)

the 610 has that sweet 6th gear but cam chain 10k :banghead:

now I am not 100% on that cam chain thing but thats what I hear.

I rode a 525 one time it was nice good power well set up, but every time I ride with that guy on the KTM it breaks down over heats the clutch goes out.

Ktm stands for KEEP THROWING MONEY?:banghead:

you talking all this that youve heard from the 610? or 510??? cuz there two different motors

more hear say. dont get me wrong i do like the 610 that is a sweet ride.

I decided to phone Husqvarna Australia and speak directly with them.

This is what I was told and is based on the current Aus spec 2008 model machines:

SMR450/510 restricted service schedule:

1st = 1,000km

2nd = 5,000km

3rd = 10,000kms

and so forth

SMR450/510 de-restricted service schedule (ie lambda sensor bypass and ECU race map installed):

1st = 1,000km

2nd = 2,500km

3rd = 5,000km

4th = 7,500km

5th = 10,000km

and so forth

SMR610 service schedule:

1st = 1,000km

2nd = 5,000km

3rd = 10,000kms

and so forth

The SMR450/510 models require a new cam chain and conrod every 10,000kms and the service schedules are based on the road based supermoto. The reports of servicing every 5-800kms are Husqvarna's estimate of distance travelled off-road based on an average 50km/h speed and approx 15 hours of run time. So 15hrs or 5-800kms.

The SMR610 (again in road only applications) only requires a new cam chain every 10,000kms (the conrod typically lasts the life of the engine).

Every service interval on all models is an oil and filter plus valve clearance checks. The 450/510 models are a shim 'n' bucket type valve whereas the 610 is an adjustable screw and nut. I was told the 610 took a bit longer to do the valve check only because the radiator needed moving.

So I hope this clears everything up for anyone wanting to know. It sure has for me and I will be going the SMR610 model.

Cheers!

I got this from http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=669767&highlight=cam+chain+510

LMAO its all good i got thick skin and a hard hitting backhand for those peoples!!! so why the KawAsucKy pic for the avatar then?????

I may love my 650R, I ride my 505 every chance I get, but I am still very fond of all my past green paint shakers. I am unfortunately a 500cc two stroke junky that is currently without a 500 in is garage. Heck, I even still have the last AMA 500 National on VHS that I watch regularly (what on Earth was Stanton thinking about not only going Vegan, but wearing no chest protector trying to follow and pass LaRocco and Kiedrowski around Steel City?).

I hate to say it but my next purchase will be in the same league as MF's. I am in the market for a '95 or so "green pickle." Here in MT the cutoff for the vintage class in MX is 15 years, so I am going to be looking in that age range so I can add another class to my ride day on Sundays. I still have a vast majority of old race parts for the big KX waiting on my shelf for introdution to my next victim.

I may love my 650R, I ride my 505 every chance I get, but I am still very fond of all my past green paint shakers. I am unfortunately a 500cc two stroke junky that is currently without a 500 in is garage. Heck, I even still have the last AMA 500 National on VHS that I watch regularly (what on Earth was Stanton thinking about not only going Vegan, but wearing no chest protector trying to follow and pass LaRocco and Kiedrowski around Steel City?).

I hate to say it but my next purchase will be in the same league as MF's. I am in the market for a '95 or so "green pickle." Here in MT the cutoff for the vintage class in MX is 15 years, so I am going to be looking in that age range so I can add another class to my ride day on Sundays. I still have a vast majority of old race parts for the big KX waiting on my shelf for introdution to my next victim.

I hear you about being a diehard 2T lover, BUT unfortunately here in CA it wont work for my wants of a D/S bike. I had always raced 2T only, there was one time on the gate at Mammoth MX where i was the ONLY 2T in the group, vet class and they had 4 different groups of 40 and weeded down to top 10 in each group for main event. Was pretty good for me with my pinging and smoking YZ250. Up and On to better (or other) things, so i can leave the house and go anywhere that i like an a little more capable bike than my L.