Sign in to follow this  

Dr. Mark- Motocross Elbow?

Is there such a thing? I started getting pain in my elbow reaching up the triceps side. I thought it was tendonitis so I shut it down for the season and rested it for a couple months. Working out does not bother it, but I got on the bike for a couple laps on the track and it was killing me again. Left elbow, back side extending into the tricep.

Any advice?

I had pain like that for almost a year, and I though it was from loading and unloading my bike from the trailer. I tried a hundred different things and then someone asked me if I slept with my hands open flat or balled up into a fist. I found that i was sleeping with my hands in a fist. So, I made a concerted effort to keep my hands flat while sleeping and the pain went away.

Try it out, hopefully it will work.

Chuck

I am working on that. Also looking at info on golfer's elbow? It is definately on the inside, but the pain seems to be more on the triceps side and all the info on golfers elbow seems to reference the forearm.

I have somewhat of the same problem. I never have an issue with it untill I ride. My pain is centered only in the elbow of my right ar

If my arm is in the anotomical positoin with palm out.

the problem is the posterior inferior [inside back] portion of my elbon basicly the joint I guess.

I've also recently developed a pain/burning type sensation in my elbow. Mines on the outside, right in the center of the elbow-joint. I can feel it when I squeez my hand into a fist :thumbsup: It's getting worse and right before my race season starts........................

Any idea's..............

DG636

lateral epicondylitis, also known as tennis elbow.

check with a doc

They make braces to were on your hands and wrist while you sleep.My wife has to use them and they help her a lot.

Tennis elbow has bothered me from time to time. The 1 things that has helped the most was told to me by a 62 yo that still plays tennis 3 times a week. Get one of the A shaped squeeze hand exercisers, throw it in the car and work it while you drive.

lateral epicondylitis, also known as tennis elbow.

check with a doc

Yup... I had WAY too much fun at the track a few years ago which resulted in an 'over use injury'; tennis elbow. After a year of physical therapy (PT) and numerous shots, I ended up having surgery to fix this. In most cases with rest and PT this will heal itself. If not, cortizone shots are next. In about 2% of cases, and after about 12 months of conventional treatment, surgery may be required.

andy t.

what are the braces that you wear when you sleep called?

I dont think mine is Tennis elbow, it is on the inside and radiates up instead of into the forearm...

I am also having an issue with my elbows being sensitive. I have no pain when I ride but when I am driving in my truck for instance with my elbow on the console, the pain is almost unbearable. it is really weird and really annoying

I also have pain in my Right elbow. Doc said golfers elbow. Problems are from overuse. The pain started from not warming up and playing softball, I tried to throw out a person at home from centerfield. Felt it give a little and it didn't hurt. But when I drove to work the next day in my jeep as it was a stick shift I had terrible pain almost unbearable. Well it went away in maybe 2-3 months. Then I went and played softball again. Same thing all over again, but this time it hurt when I would throw. It wouldn't hurt if I would lightly toss the ball. But if I would throw the ball as to really snap my fore arm forward it would give and hurt like a mofo. I went through ot they would use some sort of scraping tool and some cream. I would help but it didn't go away. Mri was absolutely awfull,but showed nothing was wrong. Doc said don't throw any more so I have not. Maybe dr. Mark can elaborate on what to do for all of us with problems.

Overuse problems are best treated by some lessons form pro, whether it be in golf or MX. Change your form for the better, and you will be just fine.