Sign in to follow this  

Conditions at Hollister

Anybody been to Hollister lately? Just wondering if it is starting to get dry & dusty? We are planning on going down next week. Thanks!:)

Got a report from a buddy who rode there today. Wide roads are dry, shaded trails still damp with some puddles in places, 100% of the park open.

The new trails (Rentz property?) were still closed on Sunday, but the rest of the park was open and crowded with people. Still muddy in the shady areas, but the traction was great, even on the single track stuff. There will be some dusty areas by now.

was there yesterday. a.m. was perfect great traction and no dust. i left at 1 so not sure how it looked in the p.m. it was starting to warm up when i left.

I've actually never been to hollister somehow at this point. How is the difficulty of the trails there? It's about a 3 hour drive for me so I don't want to make the trip if it's not worth my while. I hear it's pretty tame. How does it compare to Stonyford or Georgetown or something along those lines?

How is the difficulty of the trails there? It's about a 3 hour drive for me so I don't want to make the trip if it's not worth my while. I hear it's pretty tame. How does it compare to Stonyford or Georgetown or something along those lines?

It doesn't compare to any forest riding. With the exception of the troll system and some parts of the renz prop, the riding at HH is almost desert like.

The trails are as difficult as you make them. Take harmony gate for instance. Piece of cake when you're doing about 25 mph. Double the speed and things become kinda sketchy. Not that I condone going that fast on the trails most likely to be occupied by the tots, but it was merely an example to show how going faster on a trail will increase the difficulty and fun.

If I didn't live within 2 hrs of HH, I wouldn't go there as often. You're better served going to stony.

its nothing like stony or GT. just about every trail is groomed. only a couple are single track. troll trail and i think there might be another one. the blue trails could be a green at stony. but i have not been to the new section. i hear that its better.