Sign in to follow this  

Omnibus Land Bill S.22 How They Voted

It failed, but only by two votes! This shows how important it is that we all stay in contact with our congressmen on issues that concern us.

It was for the most part a party-line vote. My rep. (Jay Inslee) voted for it despite my letters.

Here's the rest: http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=h2009-117

What's up with Reichert...? Punk!

Oh Baby! That was close. I was sure that was going to pass with dem.'s controlling things the way they are nowaday's. Thanks for the good news Wiz.:)

Remember these names next time you vote.

Oregon

Yea OR-1 Wu, David [D]

Yea OR-2 Walden, Greg [R]

Yea OR-3 Blumenauer, Earl [D]

Yea OR-4 DeFazio, Peter [D]

Yea OR-5 Schrader, Kurt [D]

Cathy McMorris Rodgers and Doc Hastings for the win (I mean lose). Too bad I don't live in their districts though. :)

Good old Inslee and the poseur Reichert marched with their constituents on this one. Reichert is the "new" republican "pro" wilderness guy. What a farce! He does what gets him votes. :banghead:

They're trying to shove it through again THIS coming Monday, March 16th. They are tacking it to another bill. Just a simple 1300 page add-on mind you. Check the AMA website for more info. The jerks just won't accept defeat, so they are trying to sneak it through.:)

It failed, but only by two votes! This shows how important it is that we all stay in contact with our congressmen on issues that concern us.

It was for the most part a party-line vote. My rep. (Jay Inslee) voted for it despite my letters.

Here's the rest: http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=h2009-117

I got a form letter response from Inslee in response to my letter against it. It was obvious that noone had so much as even read my letter, the gist of it was 'he too is an avid sportsman and that's why he proudly and enthusiastically supports more wilderness'. Another one that needs to get the boot.

I got a form letter response from Inslee in response to my letter against it. It was obvious that noone had so much as even read my letter, the gist of it was 'he too is an avid sportsman and that's why he proudly and enthusiastically supports more wilderness'. Another one that needs to get the boot.

I too received nothing but form letter replies this time, and dern near every time I've ever written a letter, email etc to any type of official. The canned response NEVER has any relationship to the letter I sent. If it wasn't for the fact that Samuel Adams brewmaster once sent me a hand written letter with a hand written check for $50, in response to a concern about their botteling process, that I continue to believe the rhetoric that they actually read the letters I take the time to write.

the system is breaking down, slow but sure

Cathy McMorris Rodgers and Doc Hastings for the win (I mean lose). Too bad I don't live in their districts though. :)

Good old Inslee and the poseur Reichert marched with their constituents on this one. Reichert is the "new" republican "pro" wilderness guy. What a farce! He does what gets him votes. :banghead:

Interesting, Jay Inslee was in the 4th district which is Doc Hastings. But was defeated by Doc in 94, and the only way he could run was to flee over to the liberal side. He must of acted more conservative when running over there. The revealed his true identity. He lost when he voted for Clintons "crime bill" back in 1993 which was just a large anti gun bill. My rep Adam Smith also voted for it. I knew my letters would fall of deaf ears/blind eyes.