Sign in to follow this  

Jetting and exhaust question.....

Ok, I have a bone stock 07 CRF450X. I want to do the JD kit, exhaust (thinking about FMF Q4), and airbox mod. From what I have read, this will improve the throttle response and performance of the bike. However, I have one question? Will it affect the bottom end performance of the bike? Such as on a super slow technical trail? I dont want to give up what makes the CRF450X great to begin with......

Thanks,

T.J.

Good question, T.J.! I think if you do the basic mods you'll have more power everywhere and it'll be less likely to overheat if you do lots of low gear riding.

I have the same mod's on my 07 and they improve all around perfermance. Good choices!:)

You will not lose anything on the bottom end, but be careful, the power is addictive! You may want more in the near future!

I have an '06 X with JD Jet Kit up for 0-3000' (165 main), FMF Q4, and a cut out airbox. I did not lose any bottom, in fact, i would say it made it stronger off the bottom. I would also recommend the RD Flex Jet adjustment screw, it makes the last bit of tuning much easier.

You will experience no loss of low end, and increase in throttle response, and and increase in power across the board. If you want more low end without slowing down the revs (flywheel weight) try a MRD or a DR full exhaust: they push the power band down a bit, making it a torque monster.

Thanks for all the help and input. I have the FMF pipe on order (comes on Monday). Stay posted for updates!

I have a 06 450x and i put on a fmf powercore slip on installed a jd jet kit and a smog block off along with the airbox mod... you will love how the bike opens up but also as pielet said the power is addicting but good luck with everything

I live in Georgetown (Austin). I ride mostly at Cross Creek, Del Valle or Cherokee.