Sign in to follow this  

Problem with CRF Master Cylinder install

OK, did a search and didn't find anything, so...

I installed the CRF Master Cylinder today. Had to grind off a little of the frame around the bottom mounting bolt to get it to line up properly.

Problem now is that I'm going to route my new SS lines and there's this guard on the MC that's directly in the way:

IMG_0044.jpg

I can force the line to the inside of it, but then it goes directly into my shock and puts a lot of force on the banjo bolt.

Anyone else have this issue? Any problem with just grinding that little guard off?

Thanks.

You could always get a custom SS braided line made up with a different angle on the banjo fitting. I always use Earls lines on all of my bikes and have them custom made for my application. You would be surprised at how inexpensive they are.

Look around or call to local hot rod shops to see if any are authorized Earls dealers. My local place is a Volkswagen hot rod shop, and they make the lines for you right on the spot. Pretty cool. I think for my front and rear lines, it ran me about $85-90. Got the anodized aluminum banjos with black protective coating over the line.

You can also PM oPaulo, I know that he did the same mod on his bike.

That bit sticking up isn't a guard. Its there for the banjo to butt up against when you torque the banjo bolt.

If you look at your old DRZ MC you'll see there are 2 posts which the banjo sits between. On the Honda item you'll need to take off about 2/3-3/4 and it will be in the right place for your bike.

Or as it was said above change your brake line or if you have banjo's that screw together you can just change the one banjo

Rich :)

Makes sense. So, there's no problems if I just grind off part of that?

Thanks again.

I had the same problem. Ended up grinding a lot of it off with no problems. Come to think of it, I believe I had to grind the whole thing off.

This is mine.. You can see how much i cut off.

IMG_0244.jpg

It really changes the lever travel and feel, I prefer it for sure. I don't really use my back brake for much though, third set of front pads and the rears are barely 1mm worn!! lol..

Thanks. I actually took the whole piece off of mine yesterday. Cut off pretty easily, then just ground down the sharp edges. Fits nicely now, but haven't had a chance to try it out, yet. Wrestling with the front brake line fitment... :)