Sign in to follow this  

IMS 4.0 gallon tank

Hello TTers,

I currently have a IMS 3.2 gallon natural color tank, have had it for years now......I am looking for more capacity in the fuel deparment. Also I think the lower center of gravity with the 4 gallon makes the bike feel different.?.?

Anyway what I am getting at is if anyone has a IMS 4 gallon natural that they are interested in getting rid of or possibly trading please let me know. Thanks and happy riding! :)

I have a Clarke 3.9, and it's only noticeable the first couple weeks, then you just get used to it.

I will say that I noticed it A LOT when I ran an enduro and spent most of the day picking it up -- then I wondered why I filled it to the top!

I think the IMS carry the gas a bit lower than the Clarke because it replaces the radiator shrouds.

Personally, I kinda wish I'd bought the IMS 4.0 instead -- the Clarke sticks up at the gas cap

I have the IMS 4 gal tank and I do like it. It is a little bit wider than the stock tank, but I like the fact it doesnt stick up as far as the CLARK 3.9 tank. It took me a couple of rides and I was used to it. I can get over a 140 miles out of a tank. I have never ran it empty.

• Like 1