another 125 or 250f thread

*posting this for a friend

2003 rm125- Great conditon. runs well new top end $1800

2003 yz125- good shape runs good $1800

2004 crf250- runs good starts 1st or second kick. $1700

needs a rear tire.

im 17 and weigh about 150#. 6' 2" im coming off a crf230. been riding for 10 years around the yard and at the track for about a year. i like the light weight 2 stroke but hate keeping it wound out all of the time.. i like the low end of the 4 stroke but dont like the maintenance bill and heavy weight. what should i get???

Those 2 125 2t's are overpriced unless they have a crapload of parts on them. I paid $1500 for my 03 rm125 back in august and it was in great condition. I wouldn't neccessarily jump on that crf250r either. Unless it has new valves, the 04's had a lot of problems with their valves (and other engine parts). I would keep looking for a 125/250 2t if I were you. A 250 2t can lug down low better than a 125 2t and has more power than a 250f.

**posting for friends again

i have a good friends with a 2002 CR250 and i rode it sunday at a local track and I am scared to death of that thing!! you could literally blow on the throttle and it would scream. dont wanna 250t right now

that could be a possiblity^^^

he's goin to look at it at 6:00 tonight. guy is nice enough to meet us at a gas station instead of having us drive 2 hours. seems pretty meticulous about maintenance and guarunteed him that he wouldn't find a nicer 125:ride:

cool! For your friend's sake, I hope it is as nice as the seller says it is!

yeah me too. because im the one that knows all the stuff about fixing bikes so i do all the fixin for him. and he hasnt changed the oil in his xr80 in 9 years..? im gonna have to teach him all the ropes of maintenance and how often to do it etc. strange thing is... he isnt that bad of a rider