Sign in to follow this  

Supercross who do you think is going to win the ama tour this year

I think reed isn"t doing that great did you see the indy race bubba fell and then caught and passed the defending champ would have one if he didnt get put off @ the end imo #7 is my bet

I would love to see CR defend the title for sure! and the way things are going

if JS doesnt win the last 7 rounds which he has to! im only saying he has too because of CR track record of making podium every single race this year!

But to answer the question i think JS will dig deep and come through for the title

I think reed isn"t doing that great did you see the indy race bubba fell and then caught and passed the defending champ would have one if he didnt get put off @ the end imo #7 is my bet

Fastest yes, best no

It will be an exciting rest of the season.

As long as James doesnt keep crashing, the title is his. Reed is an awesome rider and will podium almost every week, if not all of them. But if I was forced to bet money on it? With the way things are going lately and the points situation, I would would take Reed.

I dont want Reed to win the title, but I also dont want James to keep collecting wins and threaten MC's SX win record.

Outdoors I think Villopoto will be the one. Who knows though, if Reed decides to run the outdoors, which I think he might, I think he has a good chance at pulling it off.

I think if Reed decides to do out doors, then he would have a good chance of taking that. Daytona is the most outdoor track on the SX circuit, and he killed everyone...

Also look at how Reed did at Budds Creek for the National and MXDN in 07. He did awesome! Didnt race any nationals that year and took 3rd overall at the Budds National and then a 2nd in the MX1/MX2 moto at MXDN at Budds, 3rd moto he had a mechanical and didnt finish. I dont count last years MXDN since he did little to no outdoor testing on the new bike he was still getting used to for SX. He would be a serious threat for the Nationals. Alessi will always be around 3-5, with maybe a few better results and maybe an overall with some luck.

Also look at how Reed did at Budds Creek for the National and MXDN in 07. He did awesome! Didnt race any nationals that year and took 3rd overall at the Budds National and then a 2nd in the MX1/MX2 moto at MXDN at Budds, 3rd moto he had a mechanical and didnt finish. I dont count last years MXDN since he did little to no outdoor testing on the new bike he was still getting used to for SX. He would be a serious threat for the Nationals. Alessi will always be around 3-5, with maybe a few better results and maybe an overall with some luck.

why would alessi be 3-5?

only one guy could beat him last summer and that guy supposedly isn't racing......if he stays healthy i'll be surprised if someone can take the title out of aless's hands.

i think James stewrt is going to win but chad reed is doing good to :)

I don't know if you have been keeping up with current events... but James is in a deep, deep, deep hole.

He needs to ride a damn near perfect string of 7 consecutive races to win the title this year. As great as he is, that is a tall order.

why would alessi be 3-5?

only one guy could beat him last summer and that guy supposedly isn't racing......if he stays healthy i'll be surprised if someone can take the title out of aless's hands.

Comp just wasnt there that I think will be there this year. With guys that are especially good outdoor riders that are now in the 450 class, I think it will be tough. RV is gonna be fast outdoors, so is Grant, Townley if he is healthy, Langston is planning a comeback, and Reed if he more than likely decides to race the series. Also if JLaw ever get his act together and gets his endurance up, he could lay wood to everyone outdoors!

If I had to put money on it, I would go with RV. If Reed does in fact race the outdoors, I think it will be Reed/RV head and shoulders above the rest.

iF JS7 crashes all the time... weLL, skiPPy will be the winner for '09 SX

Comp just wasnt there that I think will be there this year. With guys that are especially good outdoor riders that are now in the 450 class, I think it will be tough. RV is gonna be fast outdoors, so is Grant, Townley if he is healthy, Langston is planning a comeback, and Reed if he more than likely decides to race the series. Also if JLaw ever get his act together and gets his endurance up, he could lay wood to everyone outdoors!

If I had to put money on it, I would go with RV. If Reed does in fact race the outdoors, I think it will be Reed/RV head and shoulders above the rest.

grant is very inconsistant.......he crashes more than stewart......

i'd agree with RV except its his first season on the 450 and historically there's always a big boo boo somewhere in the season......langston......always ends up riding hurt......townley could be good but if he's just too fragile.

j law is too inconsistant......reed doesnt seem to be racing the outdoors......my $$$ would be on 800 this summer.

I don't know if you have been keeping up with current events... but James is in a deep, deep, deep hole.

He needs to ride a damn near perfect string of 7 consecutive races to win the title this year. As great as he is, that is a tall order.

You make a good point, but look at the fact that James had a 18 point deficit after A1 and came back to lead the series. No matter how it ends up, it's going to be exciting to watch. Both Reed and Stewie have the skill, so the winning factor may come down to luck. Who ever wins will have definately earned it. That means no asterisk for Reed, this time. :):banghead:

Alessi may not be the fastest, but he is very consistent. This outdoor series is going to be good. RV is going to be fast for sure, but as rmxtgh said, he is bound to make mistakes as it is his first season on a 450. Alessi has been there, done that, and ran a solid second to Stewart last year, getting closer to him every week until he crashed. He has been consistent this year in SX, and been getting faster every week. It should be a great outdoor series, that's for sure.

You make a good point, but look at the fact that James had a 18 point deficit after A1 and came back to lead the series. No matter how it ends up, it's going to be exciting to watch. Both Reed and Stewie have the skill, so the winning factor may come down to luck. Who ever wins will have definately earned it. That means no asterisk for Reed, this time. :):banghead:

I know... but to be perfect is hard to do. My biggest concern is that Chad may be in a position to simply ride for second and get the title. James has to be agressive and perfect. He must win every single time.

Regarding the asterisk... there shouldn't have been one the last time. I have to give him his props.

ya gotta be in it to win it....

but no matter how many times reed beats stewart for the championship many will feel there should be an asterisk.......

he never beats him by speed, its always by winning a war of attrition.

Alessi has been there, done that, and ran a solid second to Stewart last year, getting closer to him every week until he crashed.

Good point! He had narrowed the winning margin from 45 to 40 seconds, and cut down his lap times to within 3 sec a lap from 4. Probably would have started beating him when James was close to retirement :)

Dont get me wrong, Alessi is a very good rider, but is more conservative than aggressive. He will be the next KDub unfortunatly and come close alot but never win a title. Actually, KDub will have 1 up on Alessi for having a 125 SX title.