Sign in to follow this  

Different models of the same fcr 37?

Hi guys, I was reading in some threads about the conversion to FCR. It seems like the FCR37 is cheap and easy to adapt but some of the older versions were different in size and just fit better. I saw an FCR37 on ebay from a wr250f 07 for sale, do i need to cut my frame to make it fit?

Thanks in advance!

Yes. The '07 has a housing for the throttle cables and a hot start cable that require you to shave the cross bar on the frame. Not sure what years required no mods (if any), but likely '04 or earlier.

I know '01 till '03 yz/wr-f 250 fcr's has a removable air bell so they can fit to klx250-300 air filter boot with one adapter from sudco . They also don.t have a cast throttle cable tower so not many cuts in the frame .

Any thing 04 and earlier requires no modification outside of different cable?

Mine is from an '03 WR250F. I am using my stock pull cable. I had to cut the corner of the headstay on the frame. I also had to heat up and bend in the exhaust header to clear the accelerator pump. The intake manifold was tricky to get the carb in, and the bell on the other end fits well in the airboot. I could not use the plastic cover on the carb linkage, but that has not been a problem.

Mine is from an '03 WR250F. I am using my stock pull cable. I had to cut the corner of the headstay on the frame. I also had to heat up and bend in the exhaust header to clear the accelerator pump. The intake manifold was tricky to get the carb in, and the bell on the other end fits well in the airboot. I could not use the plastic cover on the carb linkage, but that has not been a problem.

If you don't mind could you please take a picture?

Thanks! :)

Here it is.SS851493resize-2.jpg

Your not using the return cable on the throttle?

Any issues without it.....