Sign in to follow this  

Air Filter

The only part of my filter that is dirty is the part that is next to the snorkel. looking into the airfilter I cant see any dirt from the inside? If I spin it so the dirty part is facing down and run a new filter skin is that ok? its wierd to clean the whole filter because of one spot. thanks

Freddy

i suppose possibly removing the snorkel might spread the air contact area out a bit.

I think spinning it would work fine. I mean its good to clean it but spinning it will def be a temp fix.

do the 3 X 3 mod and youll have dirt everywhere then you won't have to worry about your little spot of dirt. if it's worth it do it and it' so worth it.

do the 3 X 3 mod and youll have dirt everywhere then you won't have to worry about your little spot of dirt. if it's worth it do it and it' so worth it.

+1 dirt dog

I'd properly clean and oil it.

It's not a vacuum cleaner filter, man, but your DR-Z air filter.

That's important stuff, don't you think? :)

This one's got my +1.

yea especially because I am going solo on a LA to Vegas DS ride. I got filter skins that are soaking with the filter in some oxyclean now.

The only part of my filter that is dirty is the part that is next to the snorkel. looking into the airfilter I cant see any dirt from the inside? If I spin it so the dirty part is facing down and run a new filter skin is that ok? its wierd to clean the whole filter because of one spot. thanks

Freddy

take the snorkle out and do the 3x3 and re-jet it, the dirt will be all around and then you'll have a completely dirty airfilter to clean and it will make more sense to clean the whole thing instead of one spot..:banghead::)

+ 2 on this one