Sign in to follow this  

Ky Dual Sport Ride

I'm from Greensburg and thinking about heading down for this one for the first time. What can you tell me?

I'm from Greensburg and thinking about heading down for this one for the first time. What can you tell me?

Previous rides have consisted of a good mix of a minimum of pavement and a maximum of gnarly single and two track. In some places, there will be marked sections of easier trail to circumvent some of the more difficult sections, your choice. You won't be disappointed. What are you riding?

I'm on a KTM 200EXC. I've got a couple of friends in the area who have not been riding long and am debating whether or not to ask them along on this one. I want to get them hooked, but don't want them to get in over their head and have a bad experience.

I'm on a KTM 200EXC. I've got a couple of friends in the area who have not been riding long and am debating whether or not to ask them along on this one. I want to get them hooked, but don't want them to get in over their head and have a bad experience.

The harder sections have bypasses.

The 200EXC is a great choice for the off-road part of this ride. But the road? not so much. Carry 2-stroke oil, you will need to get gas about 50 miles from the start. It's a great event.

It's not ideal on the road sections, buts its a blast in the dirt. I just take it easy on the road. I've done several on this bike and have the gas station routine down fairly well. Hope to see you there.

How "Legal" must you be for this one. Some are strict and have a lot of boys in blue hanging around and some are mostly just well organized trail rides that happen to have a few road sections. I have a drz but from the pictures I saw on the web site it looks like maybe the 3 hunny would be more at home. I have a headlight for it but that is it. DRZ is street or trail ready.