Sign in to follow this  

lowered sag, now straight line stablility stinks

I recently changed my sag on an 07 KX450F. I'm not real sure exactly where it was at, but I think it was at 106 and we went down to 104. I had already raised my forks looking for better turning ability, it didn't help much and I'd never did set the sag so we changed it one day before a race. During the race, in braking bumps and acceleration bumps, it had some head shake and a lot of bouncing back and forth in the rear. I just delt with it and didn't do anything with the clickers, I was afraid it would make bad even worse. Should i start with rebound on the rear shock?

the 07 has a really soft compression and rebound stack on the shock, so you need to try to stiffen the shock and slow it down(more rebound)

Knowing your weight would help. How much free sag did you have with the 104-106 rider sag? How many mm's are the forks up in the clamps?

doc

yeah, sorry, tomorrow is come and gone, I didn't realize I had to work at my second job and i work 24 hr shifts, i'll try to get it done tomorrow. Thaks for all the input