any common problems?

If it's difficult to start, make sure you check your valves before you take it out, but that's a 4-stroke issue in general. Check your chain, sprockets, brakes, oil (both sides), fork seals, air filter...all the regular stuff. ?

There's a little button thing on the gas tank that the front of the seat engages. Loctite it. Someone warned me about it, I forgot and lost it the first ride.

Mine had plenty of grease in the linkage, swingarm, and head bearings. No other bolts or fasteners have got loose or lost, important ones that I checked had locking agent on them. In all Honda did an excellent job assembling the bike.

The 40 pilot jet was too small, sized for California warm weather. I ran it with a 42 for a period than went up to 45 to get the the mix screw where it should be. Not really a problem but it starts and comes off choke better than stock. Where before it took alot of warm up time to run good.

so i just bought an 06 250x and i was wondering before i go on any long rides whether or not there are any common problems that could totally screw you over on the trail.:banghead:?

DEFINATELY !!! Now that you have a 250X, all your riding buddies will want to ride it and will ask incessantly to switch bikes for a while. when you keep saying "no", then they quit sharing the beef jerky or the snacks. They talk about you behind your back and try to say how if they had that bike, they would let you ride it....totally screws over you trail ride for the day.