Sign in to follow this  

new member 1st post

I just got a 84 XR250R in a trade looks and sounds good I am new to the dirt world and my son who 10 and he is a husky kid about 100 pounds. I was looking to pick up a cheap china pit bike to start off on but not sure on the size for him. I am looking for just trail ridding not motocross. do you guys have an idea if a 90 or 110 would be to much for him?

you really get what you pay for. I dont think a china pitbike would survive even the mildest of trailrides.

to be honest.....

go for a used honda/yamaha/suzuki 100 or 125 it will last a heckuva lot longer and your really getting what you pay for. hondas are bullet proof bikes and there xr/crf 100 require little maintenance. they do need some but not alot... they will last along time and are ALOT if fun.... me and my buddies still screw around on ttr 125 and we're 16!... allinall the yamha/honda/suzuki 100/125 are some of the best entry level beginner bikes that will also lasat along time!

get an older low hour Honda XR80 or XR100 like bike. You don't need to go Honda XR but if you're going old you prolly should 'cause the Suzuki DRs were junk back then. A new KLX110 or DRZ125 would be great though $$. Yamaha TT-Rs are nice too but prolly too spendy compared to an old low hour trail bike. :)

+1 for the XR100. I grew up on that bike, and have nothing but good things to say about it.

Yea i would get him an xr100 or a ttr125 i have a sikk 125 pit bike and the stock suspention sucks and cant realy do trails that good with it. and it has alot of power packed into it and would be hard to learn on.