Sign in to follow this  

HELP PLEASE! I COULDN't resist!

Ok so I removed my front wheel to take my forks off to send to rg3 so i had my break caliper off. Later, out of boredom and lack of forethought, squeezed my front brake. What do i do now????:)

Thanks and advice appreciate

Just pry the pads apart with a flat screwdriver.

theres a little button type thing on the outside of the caliper. Get a c-clamp and squeeze that button and they will release. When you put your front tire back on you will have to pump the lever a few times to get the strength back

Yeah, just pry them. Just be careful. If you are careful, you really can't hurt anything.

you can just push the piston back in with your hands from the outside. Just push on the back of the pad furthest from the piston and, with enough force, the piston will slowly slip back in. This way, you don't risk scratching your pads and damaging the smooth surface they have developed.

And whatever you do, do not stick your finger in there and push the lever. Doh!:) (<actual size of finger afterwards)

Don't listen to these guys, you're hosed. Might as well just send your bike to me so that I can properly dispose of it for you.

Ok so I removed my front wheel to take my forks off to send to rg3 so i had my break caliper off. Later, out of boredom and lack of forethought, squeezed my front brake. What do i do now????:)

:banghead: :banghead: