What's a fair offer for two "takeoff" 0 miles Deathwings?

I know, I know, I know.....He should be paying me to take them off his hands:smirk: But....a fellow member with a new bike has offered me his Deathwings for a "fair offer" and I pay shipping also. I'm putting them on my "S" as it will be my commuter this season.?

I remember a few years ago I could pic up a set of good Deathwings for 30$ -50$ plus shipping. Sign of the times I guess, inflation and all, right now there's a set on ebay for 100$ plus shipping ?. I think they are pretty decent for the mostly commuting, light trail riding and hill climbing I do. Like new DW's last me about 7K miles so even at 100$ a set +shipping, it's still better than retail. But I miss the "good old days".

I remember a few years ago I could pic up a set of good Deathwings for 3$ -5$ plus shipping. Sign of the times I guess, inflation and all, right now there's a set on ebay for 10$ plus shipping ?. I think they are pretty decent for the mostly commuting, light trail riding and hill climbing I do. Like new DW's last me about 7K miles so even at 10$ a set +shipping, it's still better than retail. But I miss the "good old days".

Now see the above quote.....thats how Jeb meant to write it. He made a few typos. All better now, right JEB:bonk:

I sold our 2 sets of DeathWings for $75 a set. Both sets had maybe 20 miles on them. 1 guy was happy to give me $80 as I didn't have change. I put them on Craigslist with pics. It took about a month to sell both sets. Not bad imo. I didn't want to deal with shipping them. A friend of mine with a DR 650 actually swapped his DW's out for some Kenda 270's ? at the dealer when he bought the bike. He even left the brand new DW's behind at the shop. :banghead: :banghead: :foul:

Are Trail Wings that bad guys? SHeesh!! He is going to be commuting. I would guess them to be a good choice for that.

I bought my bike used with full knobbies, but poeple claim that the DW are actually quite good on the street I actually would like to get a pair solely for street duty. Or maybe just get a SM wheel set.

Jbw

I remember a few years ago I could pic up a set of good Deathwings for 30$ -50$ plus shipping. Sign of the times I guess, inflation and all, right now there's a set on ebay for 100$ plus shipping ?. I think they are pretty decent for the mostly commuting, light trail riding and hill climbing I do. Like new DW's last me about 7K miles so even at 100$ a set +shipping, it's still better than retail. But I miss the "good old days".
I remember a few years ago I could pic up a set of good Deathwings for 30$ -50$ plus shipping. Sign of the times I guess, inflation and all, right now there's a set on ebay for 10$ plus shipping :banghead:. I think they are pretty decent for the mostly commuting, light trail riding and hill climbing I do. Like new DW's last me about 7K miles so even at 100$ a set +shipping, it's still better than retail. But I miss the "good old days".

Now see the above quote.....thats how Jeb meant to write it. He made a few typos. All better now, right JEB:bonk:

Much better! Sounds great to me! Where do I send you the money? LOL

DW are not bad for trail riding, I've been through some rough single track in the Poconos but if it gets muddy... well... just bring some supplies... you'll be in it for a while

When I put SM wheels on there the Deathwings got nailed ot the garage wall so I dont pull the van in too far.

I thought they were OK untill I got real tires (Micheling Pilot Road).

If you are staying with the 18/21's and need to put some miles on the bike on the cheap, I guess they are OK. Its just night and day with real rubber on there. I would to a Rally Raid, TKC 80 or Karoo or even a good trials tire before I would go back to DW's

Maybe its just me - check the sig line.

When I put SM wheels on there the Deathwings got nailed ot the garage wall so I dont pull the van in too far.

I thought they were OK untill I got real tires (Micheling Pilot Road).

If you are staying with the 18/21's and need to put some miles on the bike on the cheap, I guess they are OK. Its just night and day with real rubber on there. I would to a Rally Raid, TKC 80 or Karoo or even a good trials tire before I would go back to DW's

Maybe its just me - check the sig line.

Who makes the Rally Raid?