Sign in to follow this  

Who rides while attending college?

Next year I am going to college and I will NOT give up my bike. Is it hard on u guys to go to school, ride, and work? I will be willing to sell my 250f 2 get a 250 2t but thats about it. Where do u keep your bike if you dont have a house? Thanks

i will be racing while in college next year. ill have my dad pack everything up and meet me at the track or if i feel nice ill go home and pack it up cuz ill be over an hour away from home

It's not hard at all. I've been able to balance school, a part-time job with reasonable hours, and riding/racing every weekend, as long as I had the cash. Sometimes I'll even take my school stuff to the races with me if I have work to do over the weekend. Stay on top of the school stuff. I can not stress that enough! For every hour of in-class lecture, you will want two hours of study time. Most of your learning is done outside the classroom. I made the mistake of learning that the hard way. I slipped my first semester, and my parents took me out for the following. I thought I could get by with barely studying and still making decent grades like I did in high school. I was dead wrong. After that, I went back and have been doing better.

Edit: if you're going away to school, look into getting a storage bin at a safe facility, since I'm guessing you'll be in a dorm or apartment with no garage space.

Next year I am going to college and I will NOT give up my bike. Is it hard on u guys to go to school, ride, and work? I will be willing to sell my 250f 2 get a 250 2t but thats about it. Where do u keep your bike if you dont have a house? Thanks

Thats actually one of the reasons i decided im going to community college so i can stay at home and be able to do one of the hings i enjoy the most.

I go to school csu chico. Some friends and I EVEN STARTED A CLUB!!! How about that. I go to school, get decent grades and work 25 hours a week. Unfortunetly with bike costs and riding costs I go to the track one weekend and then trails the next since trails are free!

In cali at least ALL incoming FRESHMEN have to live in the dorms, SO you can either get a storage unit, or make a friend with a garage. I have 5 bikes in my garage right now...all club members..

Then just get some roomies rent a house with a garage and DO WORK!!!

Good luck my friend...you will soon feel the pain!!!

I got my first bike while at UCSD. I don't do MX though, so I got a street legal DRZ400s. Suits my offroad needs and solves the storage problem.

Jbw:ride:

i ride and race while attending school, my house is 35 minutes from my school so i will usually go home and get my bike on the way to the track. what makes it tough is being a division one college athelete and racing lol...if my coach found out he would be pisssssssed lol

I go to school and ride, (been doing it for 4 years) you just need to balance it all out and make sure your school work comes first even if that means skipping a party or a day of riding. THe worst part is that if something breaks at a race on sunday you wont be able to work on your bike till the next weekend so you think of what could be wrong with it all week.

shiiiit im goin away at the end of this summer to cincinatti for school. i dont know whether to sell my bike.. or to keep it and store it here while i go to school. or.. take it with me.. i dont want to get rid of it cuz i love my bike.. dammit haha =P

I go to school a couple of states away from my home so I purchased one of those trailer hitch bike carriers. At first I was keeping my DRZ400S in a local garage (The owner's son is my boss at my school work/study job). Driving into town almost daily to park my car and get my street legal bike was getting to be too much so I just purchased a bike cover (Ebay for $1.99) and lock the bike onto the trailer hitch in the dorm parking lot.

You gotta do what ya gotta do!

since college i dont ride nearly as much have too much fun going out on friday and saturday nights

I'm selling my bike to help get money for college. I'll hopefully buy a cheap 125 during college. If not I'm for sure getting a bike once I get out of college.

I keep my bike at home. Its about an hour from my college so I'll still ride just as much this year... Who does homework?

Im going to school full time as an Aerospace engineering major, working 1-2 days a week, and I still don't have much time to ride. I ride maybe twice a month if I am lucky. Right now, school is way more important to me.

Im in school for Electrical Engineering and I have a bike, but I don't ride from november till may simply because of the snow. But even if I lived in California, I would maybe get 1 day of riding per month. I don't see anything wrong with only riding in the summer while your on summer vacation.

i ride and race while attending school, my house is 35 minutes from my school so i will usually go home and get my bike on the way to the track. what makes it tough is being a division one college athelete and racing lol...if my coach found out he would be pisssssssed lol

What sport/team?

Thats actually one of the reasons i decided im going to community college so i can stay at home and be able to do one of the hings i enjoy the most.

Same here man. College is about 20 mins from my house. After two years im transferring to the University of Kentucky but they have an engineering branch that is 20 mins from my house also so ill be there. :)

I go to college and work three jobs.. I work at a diner on the weekend and at a ski resort on Sundays and through out the week. and I also do soil sampling with my dad. I get average grades B and high C's which is still really good. But all you have to do is plan your days out and DONT PROCRASTINATE!