Replacement tire size for 300?

the 300 has the power to easily run a big tire bigger foot print more traction.

I replaced mine with a trials tire. other rim has a 120 90 18.

+1 on the trials tire. They are nice and last a long long time all whilst giving awesome traction and not being as high impact on the trail.

That being said if you do go with a Knobby as you stated I would stick with the 110. The 120 on my 300 felt funky. Like the bike didnt lean as fast and grabbed to much earth when brake sliding and throttling the ass end out of corners.

Since I have been on trials tires all that sliding and tire spinning is ancient history! Get a TT and you will ride smooth as TT's dont like sliding and spinning. Plus the TT will make your rear suspension feel even plusher!

Is Plusher even a word??

I run a 120 for the extra sidewall here in the rock filled Mojave, works well for me, but I haven't tried a 110 on the bike. At our last race we had 31 flats out of 178 riders, 32 if you include mine running sweep for the race. Did I mention we got rocks out here? I ran a 110 on my old 250f for the same reason as well, I think it hooked up better than the stock 100 and lasted longer as well.

Do most of the 300 owners replace the rear tire with the stock 110 or are you guys going with a 120? I'm thinking of trying the new S-12 XC and not sure what size I should get.

I replaced my 300 rear tire with the IRC M5B in 130/80-18.. What a monster tire. No spin, just wheelies, kinda takes the fun out of riding. Its got mammoth lugs.

with a 120 you will notice that the power of the bike seems low. the 300 has the motor to spin the bigger tire but it definitely takes away from the snap. if your wanting sidewall protection look at vee rubber tires. they are stiff.

Any one running a rear trials tire find the rear pushing the front? I should say the front does not stick as well. I am wearing out front tires via the side knobs rip off before the rest wears out.

Any one running trials front?

Pirelli MT 43 on the rear 7 PSI rocks on over most every thing:banana:

I have two rims set up ran the knobby and I couldn't wait to get the trials tire back on. Smoother braking, less impact as it roles over every thing every body is kicking rocks from one part of the trail to the other I just dodge with the front and the rear just sucks right over the rocks not even moving them.

A lot of the short rocky sections I just pull the front up and let the rear walk over it.

I have tried a number of different front tires and every one, some sooner than others rip the side knobs off. I run about 10-11 psi. its hard chunking tires that have good almost like new center knobs.

May be I should just slow down:crazy:

I never tried the trials front but I would not think that they would corner well at speed. I have notice that the trials rears do wear like Iron though but dont care for them much because of all of the sidewall flex that you do like them for.

Any one running a rear trials tire find the rear pushing the front? I should say the front does not stick as well. I am wearing out front tires via the side knobs rip off before the rest wears out.

I have two rims set up ran the knobby and I couldn't wait to get the trials tire back on. Smoother braking, less impact as it roles over every thing every body is kicking rocks from one part of the trail to the other I just dodge with the front and the rear just sucks right over the rocks not even moving them.

A lot of the short rocky sections I just pull the front up and let the rear walk over it.

I have tried a number of different front tires and every one, some sooner than others rip the side knobs off. I run about 10-11 psi. its hard chunking tires that have good almost like new center knobs.

Krazy - what front tyre do u use and recommend?

Byte

Hey krazy...

I have a newer Scorpion Pro up front.

I accidentally mounted it backwards...it's a uni-directional tire. (I didn't realize it had to be mounted in a specific direction...:banghead: )

Anyway...it's not the most confidence-inspiring setup right now.

I had the original Bridgestone up front and loved that tire with the TT. I'm on my second D803 on my '08 300 XC-W. I have not experienced the side knob chunking you describe...but I run between 12 and 14psi because i'm nervous about pinch flats...I've had a couple of those silly bastards.?

There is a dude here that rides/rode with a TT up front with the D803 in the rear. He said it works better than a knobbie most of the time. Mud was not kind with the TT up front...everything else was good.

-FWIW...

-Jay

Byte I have had the best luck so far with the Maxxis IT lasting and working well in dry hard rocky areas also performs well in the deep sand. I have not seen mud in a year or so.

I have had a chance to ride in some perfect conditions in East Texas were they have dirt and roots and for you guys that get to ride in nice top soil you can run what you want cause it dont mater to much when you got good dirt.

my next tire is a Artrax made in china from europe or something its cheap.

speaking of cheap you know Maxxis is chin shing tire ltd.

I must be hard in corners or somthing ripping the side knobs off ?

re check your rear sag with the TT, I had to readjust mine for it gave it a stink bug affect and was pushing the front end bad. check it.

• 9 years later...
I never tried the trials front but I would not think that they would corner well at speed. I have notice that the trials rears do wear like Iron though but dont care for them much because of all of the sidewall flex that you do like them for.
Mt43 has super stiff sidewalls just for dirt biking.