Sign in to follow this  

Apparently Johnson Valley is "infrequently" used

more here

http://www.pfjv.org/

you can write a letter to Fienstien here http://feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=ContactUs.EmailMe

I love Johnson Valley and I know that im not the only one that does.

write an e-mail it only takes a minute.

BTW. they are NOT accepting "letter generator" type emails, so write something personal

only took me about 5 minutes

Dirty

I sent an email, and she responded by thanking me for being concerned about the mortgage crisis; I'm thinking.........:) What's up with that???

Infrequently used? Perhaps by the backpackers, birdwatchers and equestrians she considers to be the only relevant users of the land. Seriously, what the heck? A place sees "too much" use, they want to shut it down to protect it. A place sees "infrequent" use and they want to shut it down so it can be used for something else.

not just used for something else, but turned into a bombed out wasteland by the military. RAD!!

I am getting so sick of this

write e-mails people!!!

I do my fair share of e-mail writing, how does this look infrequently used? this was a couple weeks ago on a wednesday morning:thumbsup:

Means dry lake

DSCF2087.jpg

I sent an email, and she responded by thanking me for being concerned about the mortgage crisis; I'm thinking.........:foul: What's up with that???

AT LEAST YOU GOT A LETTER BACK! :banghead: :banghead:

I'M SENDING ANOTHER ONE! :)

I do my fair share of e-mail writing, how does this look infrequently used? this was a couple weeks ago on a wednesday morning:thumbsup:

Means dry lake

DSCF2087.jpg

King of the Hammers???

Hey Guys and Gals, Positive feedback on this.

I really want to thank those who acted on this,

I am hearing from a very reliable contact these Emails

were all read and very effective, and we are getting the message across.

As much as some of us would like to clobber DiFi, Her staff seems to be

working with the OHV community.

Thanks again :)

Wayne

Done, Hey Wayne how'd I do?

And the rest of you slackers, stop surfing ride reports for a minute, take 5 minutes and write our senators.. We've got to save Johnson valley!

Feel free to plagiarize my note.

"Dear Ms. Feinstein.

As a frequent visitor to the Johnson Valley OHV area, I can testify that your recent comments that Johnson Valley is "an infrequently used area" couldn't be farther from the truth.

Typical Winter holiday weekends see tens of thousands of visitors recreating with their friends and families in the great outdoors.

You need to get all the facts straight, as this is one of the most popular desert recreation areas in California.

The proposed expansion / annexation by the Marine corps would permanently deny access to this area to a wide variety of user groups, also increase pressure on the few remaining OHV areas available to the public. I am all for a strong military, and adequate training grounds for our troops, but there are other area's already available for military training.

So please if you intend to lead California please listen to all sides of the story, get your facts straight, and fight for access for all responsible users of OUR public land.

Respectfully."

i have even gotten some friends to write in. I really hope that we are making progress with this. it would be a shame to lose one of the best riding areas in california. actually now that CC is gone Johnson Valley is probably the best place to ride now!!!

Right on people that are writing in!