Sign in to follow this  

How much is this bike worth

This is my bike (I AM NOT SELLING IT NOR DO I HAVE INTEREST IN SELLING IT) (YET) i just want to get an idea of what other people think its worth before summer swings around.

used panolin race oil, oil was changed every 5 hours of riding

engine was rebuilt at 80 hours and i rode around my freinds shop and then stored it away for the winter.

never abused, never raced, was only ridden on trails.

coolant was replaced with engine ice and i installed an NGK iridium X plug after i broke the engine in.

parts:

K&N filter

12 UNI powerbreathers

Ready racing stainless steel oil filter

Weapon Mx complete exhaust system and skidplate

Ride engineering engine plugs (all), fuel mixture screw, front brake line holder (upper and lower), rear axle blocks, hot start lever, and fuel cap.

New flu gripper seatcover

IMS pro pegs

Black plastics (acerbis) and extra plastics

Turner bars and sprockets and thor barpad.

Renthal chain

(chain and sprockets are new and have 1 ride on them)

New michelin rear tire.. also has 1 ride on it.

New pivot works wheel bearings.

the only cosmetic damage is the small scratches on the rear sidepanels from my boots. and a small scratch on the top of the rear fender. also the rear rim has a very small indent on the left from a rock? or some shit on the trail that i must have ran over.

i have a full hotcams valve shim kit but i havent had to use any of them because the valves are still at the factory settings.

last thing im gona add is its a beast

but anyway. tell me what you think its worth right now im aiming for 4900 OBO... mainly because ive thrown over 2 grand into it and im the only owner. and it was maintained better than any other bike i know of.

thx

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=61855

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=61858

I'm not trying to burst your bubble but your not gonna get 4,900 out of a used dirt bike. You can pick up aleft over 08 for that price. I say a fair price is around 3,500

I picked up my 06 from a local dealer for 2,500 and it's just as clean of a bike as yours.

CIMG1305.jpg

Is yours an 06 whyzee? I am thinking about the same as hatch that you can probably pull 3500 for it, maybe a little more if you are a good salesman, 4 strokes just don't have great resale to them. I would probably just keep it if I were you unless you are trying to switch brands.

Hatch, thanks for posting a pic of your bike. I really like the graphics. I was looking on ebay at the same set but was not sure. But I think I will get them.And used bikes are worth crap. I was trying to sell my 08 a while back and got no takers. I see 08's for sale for 4000 and under and 06's as low as 2000. Its the freakin ecomomy. Keep it and enjoy. I gave my 08 to my son.

not trying to bust your balls either but id say $2700 if you put the blue plastic back on maybe 2300 with the black on it.all so i dont see anywhere near 2g worth of parts maybe $500. first think i would do to sell it is get rid of the BLACK PLASTICS and put the blue back on. i take that is a old picture cause that rear tire is beat.also i would stay away from drilling your airbox up on your next bike .

I have my 2007, 10 hours on bike, mirrored frame, mint yzf450 for sale for 3 grand and cant even get people to ask questions on it. We got my dads 06 yzf250 about half a season ago for 2500. Your gonna be let down for sure if your lookin to get anywhere over 3200, I'd say someone sorry guy who didnt know what they were lookin at would give ya 3.

Hatch, thanks for posting a pic of your bike. I really like the graphics. I was looking on ebay at the same set but was not sure. But I think I will get them.

Yeah man glad I could help out. I just wanted something I haven't seen and they were it. I will warn you ahead of time that the exhaust side number background is a big pain in the a$$. I ended up just cutting out the fox logo from each one and using it. Plus I like the black side panels. I couldn't use the front background either b/c I have the cycra powerflow plastics and the number plate is vented.

Hey thanks alot guys, this really helped me realize that its not worth it to sell my bike...i was looking at adds for 07s and i cant find anything going for morethan 4000. so 4900 is a outrageous price to ask for my bike.. I guess i can look at it this way.. i have a nice bike with a brand new piston in it that will last me a long time and theres nothing wrong with that. xept that i need new front brake pads. :)

not trying to bust your balls either but id say $2700 if you put the blue plastic back on maybe 2300 with the black on it.all so i dont see anywhere near 2g worth of parts maybe $500. first think i would do to sell it is get rid of the BLACK PLASTICS and put the blue back on. i take that is a old picture cause that rear tire is beat.also i would stay away from drilling your airbox up on your next bike .

are the holes in the airbox really that big of a deal? just wondering.. IMO they are just fine i would buy a bike with airboxvents in it just as long as they were kept clean.. but anyway over all i have thrown a little over 2000$ into this bike. i guess i shouldnt count stuff like tires sprockets and the piston and gaskets because those are things that should be replaced no matter what when they go bad. or are almost bad in case of the piston.

so more like 1500$ :)

are the holes in the airbox really that big of a deal? just wondering..

On the trails I ride, It would drown on it's maiden voyage. We have some water crossings that are only a couple inches below the bottom seat line... So to some, yes it can be a make or break kind of thing...

I haven't seen a 2006 around here for less than $3000. Most are listed for $3000 - $3500. I'm sure they can be talked down though.

i just bought an 07 last september,all stock with 10 hours, no racing, looked like new, for 3400..... i saw left over 08's recently for 3900 brand new....