Sign in to follow this  

best cr250

what year was the best model for the cr250 aluminum frame but before like 2003 so its not that expensive. I'm thinking about buying one maybe this weekend I would like to get the best year with availability to aftermarket parts and stickers and stuff.

the best before o3 frame would be an 02 o1 frames were more ridgid and different

frame, handling 02+

power 98, 01

just from what ive gathered on the forum

The best CR is the one in your garage. It doesn't matter which one you've got, they're all reliable and all run strong. Of course there will be some trade-offs riding an older CR in the suspension department. The rider is the biggest factor holding any CR back.

I agree with you on the rider which is why I am going with a 250 2stroke this season and holding off on a 450 I am racing in beginner class and a 450 is about 2000 more than I have lol.

02 is an awsome all around bike. 97-99 are great on burms, rutted out tracks, and sand. Steel framed (96 and earlier) are great on the flat track. they're all good at something. If you think any year is lacking, you're either the next Bubba Stewart or you're just not riding the frame to its potential.

Condition condition condition. Clean is better no matter what year. I do know its getting harder to find graphics and plastic for my 01 compared to a 02 and up. I had a 98' a few bikes ago and loved it as much as I love my 01'.

I would suggest the 2005-and newer, as these are the best CR models. Really, however, they are all good bikes. I had a 1998 that was so powerful and solid, but it felt like a big bike. The 2000 model was better suspended and just as fast. The '02 and newer are so light and sweet handling. Just get one that is in good condition and you will be set.

I have a 98 CR250R. Wouldn't trade it for anything. Love the power. It'll do anything as long as you dare hang on.

I have an '02 and love it. Very nice bike.

I just changed out the plastics from red to white. As soon as I get the graphics installed (probably do that today) and solid black seat I have ordered (should be here Monday) installed look for it in the CR pics thread.