help with rm250

well last week i put in a new piston, and replaced the silencer packing. i noticed it wasnt running nearly as well as it used to. i checked the plug and it was running lean, the plug was grey. but revving the engine while the choke was on, it would bog, right off of idle, i thought that would be caused by being to rich?

im not sure where to start, i thought about just messing with the needle clip and the air/fuel screw, but i dont know if it would be enough?

Did you get a chance to ride it? OR did you not want to risk it at all , try dropping the needle one step at a time see how that goes . Did you raise you premix ratio after you just put in the new piston? I think your supposed to do that to break it in .

Did you get a chance to ride it? OR did you not want to risk it at all , try dropping the needle one step at a time see how that goes . Did you raise you premix ratio after you just put in the new piston? I think your supposed to do that to break it in .

yes, i rode it for a couple hours, but i took it easy for a while since i was breaking it in so i didnt notice the lack of power till later in the day when i started getting on it, thats when i decided to pull the plug and check it...and no i didnt change the ratio for break in, but i was riding in the trails so there wasnt a whole lot of high rpms

the jetting didnt change.

you sure the power valve is working?

would that cause it to run lean? i thought that i read before that when you replace the silencer packing it allows more air to flow out of the engine, which would allow more to come in, in turn making it run leaner?

but i very well could have put the power valve assembly back together wrong...