Sign in to follow this  

powdercoating?

There was a fellow that powdercoated his engine cases black and did the lettering red and I can't seem to find the post. I've looked for 15 minutes now and searched everything and find nothing. I'm looking for those pictures as I am going to do that to mine. The post was called something like different logo pc ing or something like that. Anyone have those pics?

the company is moto-x-coatings.com. the guy is very reasonable on prices. he charges $125.00 to do a set of wheels and hubs. you have to unlace and remove bearings, though. i talked to him and he said if i unlaced and removed the wheel bearings his personal mechanic would relace and true both wheels for $50.00.:):banghead:

any powdercoater will do it.. when mine was done it cost me 20 bucks a hub (including bearings removed) wheels were priced at 45 bucks a piece to do.. i went with anodized pro wheels. but still a good price

I am actually a powdercoater myself. I finally figured out how to do that indented lettering stuff and as soon as I get my new bike (hopefully this weekend) I'm going to do the clutch cover black and the Honda part red.

I have a home powdercoating kit. I powdercoat all kinds of things with it. Almost everyone i ride with has had one or more parts done in my garage. I bought an old oven from goodwill and use that to cure the powder. I think caswell plating is where i got the kit.

For powder coating don't you need to bake it or something? What kind of kit do you have and how hard is it to do?

I picked up a cheap one from Harbor Freight. I think it was around 50 or 60 bucks. I've had it spit a couple of times while I was blowing the powder on, but I took my blow gun and blew off the powder and did it again. You do need an oven that can reach 350 to 450 degrees for the most part. I picked up a toaster oven at WalMart cheap and I've had no problems. I can't do rims or large items yet, but side covers and things of that size, it works great. Harbor Freight also sells the powder for about $6. They're limited on colors, but it seems like everyone want's black which is abundant.