Sign in to follow this  

Honda Z50s?

anyone here have a Honda Z50?

im pretty sure mine's an antique... its a '98 but still runs like a dream.

something good to be said for honda huh?:)

Yup, found one last year for my son. Heck, you should have seen the smile on my Dad's face when he hopped on for a back alley spin. I kept yelling at him to slow down, 3rd gear pinned. He's 92 ya know.

I have two 84 Z50R's. Had a 79, 80, and 88. One of the 84's has a TB 88 race head kit, Pro Circuit exhaust, ATC70 4 speed tranny, and TB manual clutch. It can do about 60 mph. The other one is street legal, has a 50cc high comp motor, stock 3 speed, and a TB manual clutch. It's good for about 50 mph.

I have two 1982's - both with modified engines. One is a stock looking machine with a 75cc Powroll kit (since discontinued). With the stock head and cam and a XR70 carb. mounted using a TRX70 intake manifold this thing has tons of torque!

My other machine is a custom with modified engine and suspension. I have photo's of this in the thread I just copied to this section.

I would like to install a 4-speed transmission in this bike - that's a great idea.

Yup, found one last year for my son. Heck, you should have seen the smile on my Dad's face when he hopped on for a back alley spin. I kept yelling at him to slow down, 3rd gear pinned. He's 92 ya know.

good for him! :)

WOW i hope i live to be 92 never mind still be riding. That is pretty cool :)

Gotta keep my Dad busy, near all his friends are gone.

qwoke-q

What forks did you use on #5? Is this the one with the CT-70 swing arm?

The swingarm is actually from an XR75. The forks are BBR SP-5's.

I just bought a 1993 Z50 for $600. (Is that too much?) The thing looks new except for a couple chips in the gas tank. Original tires, chain, etc. My grand daughter is almost 2, so maybe next year she can ride.

How does the z50 compare to the xr crf 50? I am looking for my sons first bike.

Can xr/crf 50 parts be used? Just in case it would need fenders and motor parts etc...

thanks

Seems like a lot for a Z50 but most of them are beat to hell. So I suppose that's about right for a nice one. I've never paid more than $350 for a Z50. And none of them ever ran when I bought them. The one that cost $350 had a TB 88 kit and came with a spare motor, box of parts, two complete gasket sets, and tools. It was the best deal I ever got.

Here's a few from the herd.

Picture146.jpg

Picture139.jpg

Picture072.jpg

Picture022-2.jpg

Picture049-1.jpg

Pic112.jpg

Those are the most beautiful machines I've ever set my eyes on.

What tires are on the 92?99? Z50R's? and where'd you get the number plate stickers from?

Those are the most beautiful machines I've ever set my eyes on.

What tires are on the 92?99? Z50R's? and where'd you get the number plate stickers from?

Thank you. The tires are Kings KT-903. From what I know, they know longer make the tires. The # plate backgrounds are custom made by myself.