Sign in to follow this  

Omaha - 3/14 or 3/15

There's a guy on that "other" Honda CRF site (kerrycorcharan..sp?) and he rode Fox Run with in the last week and said is was very dry, even slick in spots. He said it wasn't "prepped" in any way, but was still pretty good.

RV is closed (according to their hotline.) Don't know? :) We may be ready...but it looks like we might have to wait out a dry spell.

Fox Run wouldn't be bad.

that place in SW IA maybe?

I'm pretty sure that Soaring Edge isn't open till the following weekend.

That outfit in Ashland is running depending on weather i believe.

theres another scramble in kansas

I saw the one listed for Dodge City. Is that the one you are referring to?

From the info i've got, the tracks that might be open this weekend are fox run, razors edge and maybe whitesands in Ashland.

I've sent some emails to the tracks in Persia, Dow city and Maune , Iowa with no response yet.

Saturday is a maybe with Sunday almost a sure day for me.

I'll keep checking back.

This may sound crazy, as the last time I entered a sanctioned mx race was in 1984 in Dade City, Florida, but on April 19th I plan on racing in the 40 plus class or the 125cc 2stroke class at the 3-oaks mx track in persia, Iowa.

Maybe this is what they call mid life crisis.

The week before the race I'm gonna go down to Oklahoma to my dad's house fishing and take my bike and do some riding everyday.

practice, practice and practice.

holy crap. i am so glad i found a group on here that are from omaha. i am alloways looking for folks to ride with.

From the info i've got, the tracks that might be open this weekend are fox run, razors edge and maybe whitesands in Ashland.

I've sent some emails to the tracks in Persia, Dow city and Maune , Iowa with no response yet.

I'll keep checking back.

This may sound crazy, as the last time I entered a sanctioned mx race was in 1984 in Dade City, Florida, but on April 19th I plan on racing in the 40 plus class or the 125cc 2stroke class at the 3-oaks mx track in persia, Iowa.

The week before the race I'm gonna go down to Oklahoma to my dad's house fishing and take my bike and do some riding everyday.

I think that Marne track only has practice on or near race days.

Well heck! Good luck on that race. Give 'em hell!

holy crap. i am so glad i found a group on here that are from omaha. i am alloways looking for folks to ride with.

Welcome to the boards

:) have any of you ever ben to the logan iowa rock quarry. it has some of the hardest hill climbs i have ever seen. we are in the process of building euduro cross track.

I'll keep checking back.

You SUCK! :) I've really been wanting to race, but just haven't brought myself to it. That's great that you're doing it. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

:banghead: have any of you ever ben to the logan iowa rock quarry. it has some of the hardest hill climbs i have ever seen. we are in the process of building euduro cross track.

Definitely...welcome! We're always looking for people to ride with also! The more the merrier for sure!

Never been to Logan. I'm not a huge fan of hill climbs (because I awesomely suck at it,) but sure wouldn't turn down a visit at least once. So, building an EX course, eh? Now, you know you're gonna need some people to test run that thing, right? :) Is this private on your own land? Open to public at a cost or "by invite only"?

No matter what, you're ALWAYS welcome to join us!

:) have any of you ever ben to the logan iowa rock quarry. it has some of the hardest hill climbs i have ever seen. we are in the process of building euduro cross track.

Never been. Saw that there is a hill climb deal going on next month.

Is the quarry open all year? thats only like 20 minutes from my house. i would like to check it out this weekend. I see the hill climb is scheduled for the 19th of April.. are you in?

later

Is the quarry open all year? thats only like 20 minutes from my house. i would like to check it out this weekend. I see the hill climb is scheduled for the 19th of April.. are you in?

later

Don't know if it's open all year or not. I'll PM you Marty's number and you can call him (Marty owns the place.) It's usually in pretty rough shape...especially at the beginning of the season. Might be okay. I was thinking about Union next weekend.

Don't know if it's open all year or not. I'll PM you Marty's number and you can call him (Marty owns the place.) It's usually in pretty rough shape...especially at the beginning of the season. Might be okay. I was thinking about Union next weekend.

I think coastie is asking about the Logan IA quarrry mentioned above, not Union.

The hill climb at Logan is April 19th.