Sign in to follow this  

My fabbed up taillight.(I like it)

This is leftovers from my 05 cbr 600rr. It took some work but i made it fit. What do you think?DRZZZ001.jpg

No offense, but it looks kinda goofy with that round protruding thing. :banghead:

The taillight itself is gigantic, I like the shape but think the size is a little too wide for my taste. Good job on the creativity though. Don't take any of this to heart. If you like it, that is all that matters.:)

My opinion only - the lights are all too big, one fall and it's all toast.

BUT

You made the effort to do something creative, for that I give it an A+.

I also think it is too big for the fender. Looks like it was cobbled on there rather than looking either factory or custom. Nice effort but you need something smaller and more suited to the bike.

At least it looks better than the ugly stock one! The "round protruding" thing that a previous postere mentioned is a license plate light.

Good work on the budget build. Ain't the prettiest thing, but it sure was cheap!

DRZZZ005.jpgYes cheap was key but its no uglier than the stocker. It works a whole lot better than the accerbis piece of crap i had on there. Its LED and the brake light is crazy bright. Also if it fell over where it is in the pic the lights would never touch the ground. it may not look like it grew there but it has grown on me. The taillight is exactly the same width as the rack.Thanks for your input.

i think it sucks.

sorry for being blunt :)

I like the idea of making your own tail light for cheap for sure.. i dig the blinkers for a street bike not the DRZ... the LEDbar of brakelight action seems a bit much for my tastes. I bet its more visible than my edge though. - you did ask for opinions and that is mine :)

I know i will find somebody who likes it. Hey why do people blur or cover the plate on their bikes for pics? I always wondered that.

I know i will find somebody who likes it. Hey why do people blur or cover the plate on their bikes for pics? I always wondered that.

As long as you like it.. you're golden! :)

Several reasons to blur your plate. your plate can track right back to you, so security is one issue. Another is because people need a reason to use photoshop :banghead:

Ok i see but i guess your plate could track back to you on the street as well!!! Thanks

I always admire people who do their own thing, fab up something on their own so kudos to you for that!

Not quite to my taste tho, but as long as it works for you, thats all that matters!

i think it sucks.

sorry for being blunt :)

HAHAHA:lol:

I know i will find somebody who likes it.
Looks fine to me.

Everyone seems to love the Edge even though it's about as bright as a match.

Tipsy

It should not matter what other people think. If you like it then that's what matters most. I do think there is one person here that would like it. He mounted a goldwing seat to a drz and it was....different? Wish I had the pic.

Anyhoo, Have you seen this light? Kicks ass.

http://www.motostrano.com/moeddrtali.html

just my opinion but looks too big and bulky... A+ on the install. good on ya for being differant :)

Im really not looking for praise im just glad people are commenting and giving a newb a reason to put some fuel in his tank.

A tad too big for my taste but kudos for your creativity. We'll call it the hammerhead taillight!

Don't listen to the haters — They're just lacking vision. That thing is money. You just need to finish it off with a proper sticker on that schnoz stickin out the back. How bout something like this...

drz_sticker.jpg

(yes, i need an excuse to use photoshop)