Sign in to follow this  

CR125 and CR85 difference

Whats the difference between a CR125 and a CR85 besides the seat height and cc's???

I'm asking this because i'm selling my CR125 and buying a CR85. How much faster is the 125? Selling the 125 cuz it's too tall for me. I'm only 5'5

Maybe i should be more specific....How much faster is a CR125 than a CR85?

I'm going to use my XR80 for trails and the CR85 for racing.

If it is too small for you, can't you just get a lowering link for it?

Instead of jumping down to a whole different bike, it'd prob be cheaper and much much easier to lower it and (I have no clue what age you are) but if you're still growing than in a year or two you can take off the lowering link and it still fits you like a glove.

The power difference is going to be pretty noticeable I would say. A difference of 40 cc's. 125's are rated around 34 horses, where a 85 is rated at around 18.

Oh, crap i wish i would have known that earlier...I have someone coming over tomorrow to look at the bike...How much do lowering links lower the seat height?

It only lowers it 1.5 inches...I hope i'm making a smart decision buying the CR85. I'm 5'5 and 15yrs old. Plus the 125 has too much power for me.

It only lowers it 1.5 inches...I hope i'm making a smart decision buying the CR85. I'm 5'5 and 15yrs old. Plus the 125 has too much power for me.

Yeah, but 1.5 inches can mean the difference between feeling too short to somewhat comfortable. You will grow into the 125.

That is just my opinion though, it all comes down to what you want to do. :)

This is a hard decision....I think i'm going to buy the 85...Then when i want more speed, buy a pipe or something...Do they make kits that raise bikes?

dude, the 125 is not too much for you. Just ride it harder. Thats what it wants from you. Did you say you wanted one of the bikes for racing? You weigh 130, just do some push-ups, maybe some pull ups, and be thankful when that 125 is able to launch you over whatever you need. At 15 yrs of age, I would maybe be tryin to go from 85 to 125, not the other way around. Man up.

thats a tight situation you have yourself when i would say to definately keep the 125, you will be surprised how much you may want it back in the near future

This is giving me a headache....I don't know what it is about the 125 but i don't feel comfy on it...It's probably the height.

It is the height, everybody feels uncomfortable their first time on a full-sized bike. When you start learning to ride it and don't feel the need to put your feet down as often you will grow to appreciate the roomier cockpit of the full-sized bike.

take your bike to a honda civic race shop and have them cut the springs for you. Or get the 85 and turbo it, maybe even a 15 shot of NOS.

There has got to be a way to get that bike to feel more comfortable for you. Get the lowering links. Shave your seat. Get Carmicheal bend pro-taper bars, they are almost flat.

Turbo? yeah right....I might be 15yrs old but i know a lot about cars...My dad has an 04 cobra if yall know what that is....And I honestly think i'm going to get the 85...

Turbo? yeah right....I might be 15yrs old but i know a lot about cars...My dad has an 04 cobra if yall know what that is....And I honestly think i'm going to get the 85...

No one is going to make the decision for you, but as others said, you should be able to handle the 125.

I knew a kid who was 15 that rode a KX450F, he had to park it next to a hill and start it by leaning up against the hill. He rode A class and could destroy any of the kids I rode with including me on any natural terrain jump or anywhere.

If the bike wears you out, work out like everyone else said. I honestly believe you will regret getting that 85.

Those links are just one of the things you can to it to make it shorter.

I hope you are looking at the Expert model.

To answer your original question, a properly jetted CR85 is WAY faster than a CR125. I have both.

JayC

I hope you are looking at the Expert model.

To answer your original question, a properly jetted CR85 is WAY faster than a CR125. I have both.

JayC

I'm hoping you switched the 125 and 85 around in that sentence on accident.

Otherwise, I'm going to have to start re-thinking everything I thought I knew about anything in the world. :)