WR250R Colorado questions......

I am looking for some real world experience from people who ride this bike, preferably in Colorado. I am looking for a DS bike I can ride to the dirt (obviously...) but I am a little concerned about power from this bike to get up the tarmac to the places to ride. Most of the roads are two lane, 50/60 mph up some elevation. I don't know if this thing will pull up the hills to get there without having to keep it WOT. Anyone have any testimonials they would like to share?? If this bike in too little I am looking at the 09 TE610 but I like the price of the WR much better. Thanks in advance.

Shawn

My WR (with stock gearing) cruises at 60-65 MUCH better than all of the klx250s and what not that i ride with. the farthest ive ridden it on the highway was about 30 miles and it wasnt bad. no, its not all flat either.

but keep in mind, a 250 cc engine versus a 610 cc engine. not really a fair fight.

I understand.

Last summer when i took the ride i probably weighed about 175 with gear. Well, make it 180 because i had a backpack with some junk in it.

Even though its irrelevant, I've trimmed almost 20 pounds off over winter ?. Sorry, I'm just proud of it.

The WRR will do 60 - 65 in the Rockies no sweat. I'm 205# and when going up some of the steeper hills (like Crow Hill outside of Bailey) I have to down shift to 5th. Even in 5th, the engine isn't revving too high at those speeds and I have enough juice to pass slower traffic.

The WRR will do 60 - 65 in the Rockies no sweat. I'm 205# and when going up some of the steeper hills (like Crow Hill outside of Bailey) I have to down shift to 5th. Even in 5th, the engine isn't revving too high at those speeds and I have enough juice to pass slower traffic.

That's the stuff I like to hear! I'm 5'10",160lbs with no gear. I am in COS and will be taking trips up Hwy 24 to Cripple Creek, Woodland Park, as well as short trips to Monument to hit Mt. Herman Rd, etc. and didn't want to be "that guy" that has to keep pulling over to let cars go by!!

Anyone else...?

Shawn

That's the stuff I like to hear! I'm 5'10",160lbs with no gear. I am in COS and will be taking trips up Hwy 24 to Cripple Creek, Woodland Park, as well as short trips to Monument to hit Mt. Herman Rd, etc. and didn't want to be "that guy" that has to keep pulling over to let cars go by!!

Anyone else...?

Shawn

Going to Cripple Creek from COS? You ever done the ride starting on Old Stage Road to Gold Camp Road to Victor, then Shelf Road to Canon City and back through Phantom Canyon, Gold Camp and Old Stage? Ride all day and barely hit 20 miles of tarmac. The WRR is perfect for that.

Going to Cripple Creek from COS? You ever done the ride starting on Old Stage Road to Gold Camp Road to Victor, then Shelf Road to Canon City and back through Phantom Canyon, Gold Camp and Old Stage? Ride all day and barely hit 20 miles of tarmac. The WRR is perfect for that.

No, that sounds sweet!!!! This will be my first DS bike! I am a big mountain biker and looking for some more fun. I know there is lots to ride around this area. I sold my ZX6-R because I was tired of riding by all the good stuff. I have also sold my 4x4 rig and am looking forward to getting out on the trails again! I am a little concerned on both sides; WR being to small and TE610 being to big. I really like the WR though....

That would also lead you to Mt Baldy along with a couple of other trails in that area. We used to camp up in that area when I was stationed there.

No, that sounds sweet!!!! This will be my first DS bike! I am a big mountain biker and looking for some more fun. I know there is lots to ride around this area. I sold my ZX6-R because I was tired of riding by all the good stuff. I have also sold my 4x4 rig and am looking forward to getting out on the trails again! I am a little concerned on both sides; WR being to small and TE610 being to big. I really like the WR though....

We're spending the winter in AZ but when we get back I'll do that ride with you.

A good beginner DS ride starts around Deckers, goes to Cheesman Res. and all the way through the Hayman fire area. You come out at Tarryall Road, then take La Sal Pass and catch Boreas Pass to Breckenridge for lunch. From there you can come back via Georgia Pass (I haven't done the North side yet) which brings you back to Jefferson and the Tarryall Road.

FG...Youll LOVE it.. I am a "avid" mtn biker, I have a season pass at whistler every year.. I get giddy when I ride my wr². I ride it like I would ride a mtn bike..It's great that way! Be fore warned though...It's needs some "Love" to let the cat out of the bag!

Pipe

Header

Programmer

Tires

Gear Down

Air Box

After that you'll reallly have a smile on your face...Then you can just ride it home from the trails!!!

Sc

FG...Youll LOVE it.. I am a "avid" mtn biker, I have a season pass at whistler every year.. I get giddy when I ride my wr². I ride it like I would ride a mtn bike..It's great that way! Be fore warned though...It's needs some "Love" to let the cat out of the bag!

Pipe

Header

Programmer

Tires

Gear Down

Air Box

After that you'll reallly have a smile on your face...Then you can just ride it home from the trails!!!

Sc

------the mods make it a new animal ?