Sign in to follow this  

Crash Stories

My friend just got in a bad crash this past weekend. He endoed on a 60 ft tabletop. He broke his collar bone, wrist, and got a minor concussion. And all the happened to his bike was that his throtle tube snapped. What are your stories?

knuckled the landing on a big double the front suspension compressed all the way blew out the forks, the shock wave continued thru my body and my left leg shattered in 5 places, hung on thru the trees and washed out about 25 yards after impact...........saw the bike still running and tried to pick it up............both tibia and fibia then compounded thru the skin........the only thing holding it together was the boots i was wearing, ........this was a very bad day..... 95 degrees and super humid in AL, only one other rider on the track i went into immediate shock, i started chuck'n clothes right there to drop body temp to keep from blacking out while a little boy on his 50 raced back to get his dad, I had two options go back to TX and rock a cast for 6 months or like i choose.......I now have a full length Ti rod in the leg were the bone marrow usually is and severe loss of feeling, was walking in 5 days, and riding in a month

On the last lap of a race 2 years ago I was battling for the lead, on the last corner I went wide and held it wide open, I passed him off the take off, but little did I know, the take off wasn't as steep as last time I did the triple. I ended up casing the upside of the triples landing and blew my shoulder apart. Had to get a new rotator cuff, and was the worst pain I have ever experienced in my life, didn't sleep for 2 weeks straight after the surgery. I will finally be able to ride again this summer after being off the bike for a year and a half.