Sign in to follow this  

more athena 144 problems

ok so i had a thread on here a few days ago about how i put a hole in my radiator and coolant started coming out of the cylinder...... anyway i finally got to tear the bike apart tonight ... i flat decked it changed the 2 o rings and cleaned out the coolant from the cylinder ... put the bike all back together drained the gear oil.... put some fresh gear oil in and then tried to start it ... failure ... kicked again.... nothin .... darn! lol so then i pulled the plug out and there was coolant on the plug ... i thought maybe it was just some left over residue left over in the cylinder so i changed the plug again and tried to kick it again ... nothing again ..... so now there is coolant in the cylinder again so its leaking from somewhere else besides the o rings i replaced .....the head i also not warped at all so i have no idea whats wrong

help me out?... ill post pics of the orings later ... the inner oring came out in 3 pieces =/

If your head is sealed adequately then it could only come from the O-ring between the cases.

Check the head again.

Did you take the cylinder of and look at the crank?the antifreeze would have gone into the bottom end also maybe thats where it is coming from

Apply a thin coat of vasoline to the O-rings to keep them in place while you install the head and yes you will have coolant in the bottom end like mentioned.