Sign in to follow this  

DRZ400 Member "Unwinding" thread

Ok gentlemen, I'll be the first to admit missing the camaraderie and foolishness of the "Bonding" thread. It's also my understanding that dj chose to have the thread locked for whatever reason.

At this time I must climb up on the soap box.......Alright here we go now.....For years, after work, I would go to my buddies motorcycle repair shop to shoot the shit and "unwind" after a hard and stress filled day. There at the shop, were always at least six guys just hanging around shooting the shit. It was a privately owned shop with only two employees, one was the owner. As I grew older (45 now) and had a family (4 children) I drifted away from the shop and my time was consumed with "family" commitments. Well my children are growing older and are not as demanding of my time as they once were. However, they still need me close by for transportation at thier request.

TT became my "shop" a couple years ago as it was convenient and accessible from anywhere I could take my laptop. At first I would just lurk, trying to gleen information and pick-up on members on-line personalities. Then came the "Bonding" thread, wow..... what can I say. It was like being in that old shop in Baltimore years ago. The insults, the tongue in cheek humor, the sharing of personal information going on in others lives, the laughter it was all there right at my fingertips in the comfort of my own home. The stressors of daily life were subdued again in an internet forum, wow....absolutetly inf&^$%#@@ingcredible.

Ok, I'm getting to the point......I believe the "bonding" thread got off to a crazy start, which is not necessarily a bad thing. It had a lot of positive things happening in there. Also being here on the DRZ400 board is where it should have been, not a seperate board, as most everyone if not all were DRZ owners except the G-man. It would also allow me to check out other DRZ related post without jumping from board to board.

Alright, alright I'm stepping down......but I will say, I miss the camaraderie, the humor, the personal nature of the "Bonding" thread. I miss "The Shop"

Jim

TT is a pg 13 site.much of the "banter" in the bonding thread was way over that.

Hey Eddie, whats going on brother. I guess Politically correctness got us again.....thats a shame.

the moderators want to keep it at PG13, it's their "shop"! I run a couple sites, with P15-D24.com forum being really active like this site. (It's for post war mopar cars and trucks) I made a decision early on to keep it PG13 also. Reason, first too many people got offended and didn't come back and second, it kept escalating to the point it got stupid. For my site I get a lot of people who use to visit HAMB, which is a wide open "shop", no holds barred. Some threads over at HAMB get down right mean spirited and nasty, and people get really fed up with the jerks. Hardly a bonding experience. If you want a more open shop I'm sure some are out there or start your own as it is pretty easy to do.

the moderators want to keep it at PG13, it's their "shop"! I run a couple sites, with P15-D24.com forum being really active like this site. (It's for post war mopar cars and trucks) I made a decision early on to keep it PG13 also. Reason, first too many people got offended and didn't come back and second, it kept escalating to the point it got stupid. For my site I get a lot of people who use to visit HAMB, which is a wide open "shop", no holds barred. Some threads over at HAMB get down right mean spirited and nasty, and people get really fed up with the jerks. Hardly a bonding experience. If you want a more open shop I'm sure some are out there or start your own as it is pretty easy to do.

Yeah thats all good but I really enjoy TT. Even at the old "shop" I used to hang out at we would ride each other so hard, some guys would not come around for months they would be so pissed. They would eventually come back though for some more "pain":smirk:

Hey Eddie, whats going on brother. I guess Politically correctness got us again.....thats a shame.

you agreed to when you signed up.if you didnt agree you should not have "clicked" i agree.

the mistake was made on my part.i should have moved the thread immediately of the tech forum.

just as a reminder-

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_board_rules