Sign in to follow this  

Hey guys new 08 TE250 owner question?

What restrictions are built into the 08 te250 stock. I'm just curious if my dealer got it all sorted for me. They were great and installed my powerup kit for me. So far it feels pretty good but I just wanna double check and make sure nothing was missed.

Thanks in advance

plug the sensor in the exhaust,install the new arrow pipe,and loop the 02 wire,and some small programming to make sure it all works together.At least that's all I know off hope that helps.:)

Ok thanks i should be golden then. I had heard the 09's had some more stuff and wasn't sure about mine. Thanks.

08 needs to have the throttle stop removed for max performance.

plug for the O2 sensor, safety wired on.

re-set TPS (dealer would do this with iBeat software) and take off the charchol canister with it's assorted pluming...Drop vent from gas tank filler over front of bike and between radiator fins so it sets right on top of exhaust pipe....maybe put a plastic tie on it to keep it from falling off.

Is it broken in?...600 mi.? or so.

Is there a how 2 page for this process? I have read about others doing this but don't have a clue what is involved.

Anyone know what the fuel line mod is that I keep hearing about?

Look in the sticky. There were a bunch of little things we found like: the exhaust pipe contacts the airbox and will melt it, the saddle rides on the battery and may crack it, the rear brake line rubs against the block near the master cylinder... I don't remember them all now. It's all very well documented and easy to fix up. Good choice in bike. Just go easy on it during break in...