Sign in to follow this  

Viton Gasket material???

Does anyone know where I can get "Viton" gasket material? I need it for my fuel tank petcock...I've tryed local auto parts stores,fleebay,online....cant find it except in huge,bulk orders for business

Sorry, its for a 2007 yz450. its not for the petcock but to cover the petcock hole where it was. I made a block off plate and want Viton for a gasket.

McMaster-Carr sells it in sheet form. All I've ever used made of Viton is o-rings. Take a look at Klingersil C-4400.

https://www.klingeruk.co.uk/pages/klingersil

If you think it would work, PM me your address an I'll stick a piece in an envelope if it would help. I have C-4401 (I assume it's same/similar as C-4400). It's pretty thick, though, 1/8".

thanks everybody, I'll give that 4401 a try. thanks emerybrian

I've found gasket material for oil & gas seals at ACE hardware. Made my own carb bowl gaskets. It comes in a small roll.

thanks everybody, I'll give that 4401 a try. thanks emerybrian

I'll stick a piece in the mail for you tomorrow. We get custom pre-cut gaskets of this stuff at work, and no one told me to order more when they grabbed the last one.:) So... the only way we could start production for the whole factory was to buy a 4'x8' roll of this stuff from the supply house.

But I need to ask... what the heck are you doing with no petcock?

I was running a duel petcock with a Clarke 2.6 gal. Just couldn't get it right on the right side.Everything was just to tight or close.Pet cock would hit the cylinder,if reversed the fuel line was very close to the exhaust..... not worth a potential fuel leak. So now I made a block off plate and it works fine with the Clarke supplied gasket,but not 100% sure that the gasket MIGHT not be wide enough.