Sign in to follow this  

repacking a turbinecoreII

does anyone have info on removing ALL of the packing inside the canister AND around the turbine/spakarrestor?

Go outside, heat the the thing up with a propane torch until it is red. The leftover stuff will brush right off after that. Don't do it to aluminum though.

The only issue I have is getting it out from inside the end cap P.S. There is to much oil and soot and moisture in the packing to burn it out

I have contacted FMF about the removal of the packing that wraps around the end of the can and arrestor portion. FMF advised that in order to get to that packing you would have to drill out the rivets and remove the turbine/end cap which they advised not to do. I drilled mine out and did it anyway and re-rivetted the end cap back on-once repacked.

I use a wire coat hanger. Use pliers to put a hook on the end. Push it down and twist it and then pull it out. Takes about 15 minutes to get it all out.

Great tips! I was wonderin' about that remote insulation myself. Next question: without removing rivets, how does one access the space to re-pack the area around the Krizzman spark arrestor unit?