Sign in to follow this  

So...um...these new tires REALLY stick

I decided I would try out the new Maxxis rain tire in the parking lot at work, before I headed home. Had it balanced for awhile, but just didn't have enough speed to keep it going. Oops. heh. (I'm fine, by the way.) :)

th_ISuck.jpg

Oh dude! You did that at work? You'll never live it down.

Yeah, that's what I get for screwing around in the work parking lot. Heh. I just couldn't stop laughing after I did it...I haven't done something that dumb in a LONG time. The bike is in pretty good shape, for the most part. The only real casualty was the gauge set. I was considering getting a Vapor display, and I guess this will speed up that process. The mirrors didn't fare all that well, and the headlight assembly has a couple of cracks, but no biggie. I was going slow enough that the damage isn't too bad. If I had been going a little faster I wouldn't have endo'd, though. Just not quite enough speed to pull out of it once I went past the balance point.

On the plus side, I'm glad I was trying out my camera for the first time (it survived without a scratch, by the way) :) Well, I guess I have now earned my license plate: MTARD3D :banghead:

I haven't gone over the bars since I did it on my Gixxer in high school. Good times!

Oh dude! You did that at work? You'll never live it down.

My co-workers are ruthless. Oh well, I've got to give them some fodder now and then. I certainly give them enough grief on a daily basis....

LOL HAHAHA, Thats my biggest fear when trying those.

Thanks for sharing

Ha ha, I worry about that with all the stupid stuff I do in the parking lot leaving work (a little speed bump gets a wheelie started a little too easy!), so how many co-workers got to see that?!

Hope to meet you soon on a barf ride or at Stockton!

-Jeff

Thanks for posting the vid. I think that falling off bikes can sometimes be more fun than riding them!

Thanks for sharing, and being a good sport about it.

That's hilarious! Glad you're ok, but PROPS to you for having the stones to post that up!

:banghead: wow that's funny. it's good that you are ok and the bike too.

it's accually some good footage though. i like how you can see the bike roll all the way over, it really gives you a feel of being there first hand.:)

:):banghead: :banghead: :bonk:FAIL:bonk: :foul::p:busted:

You need to post this on fail.com. Good stuff

great footage! as mentioned thanks for sharing that with us.

was that you laughing?

love how the video captures the moment the hands come off the bars :banghead:

Yeah, that was me laughing. I think I was actually laughing as I hit the ground. That's why there's sort of a "ha ha ugh." I'm retarded. :)

Ha ha, I worry about that with all the stupid stuff I do in the parking lot leaving work (a little speed bump gets a wheelie started a little too easy!), so how many co-workers got to see that?!

Hope to meet you soon on a barf ride or at Stockton!

-Jeff

Jeff, I'll definitely get to the next Stockton track day that I can. My work travel schedule has sucked lately, though. I'm actually supposed to be in Boston right now, but got to come back early. The downside is that I have to go back next week. Send me a PM if you ever want to hook up for a ride. If I'm home and not too busy, I'll join you.

• Like 1

Hahahaha, holy crap man! That blows!!!! I love when you are laying in the ground and you are pumping your fist in the air giving yourself a huge "right on!". That took some balls to share that with us! You sir, get some good gas.

Reminds me of the time I had my VFR700. I was going to show off for some co-workers by doing a burn out as I leave work. Done it 100 times with no problem but not this time, lol. I was on the slick asphalt in my work parking lot, spun it up to about 6000rpm and dumped the clutch. Ended up swinging out all the way to the left, then fishtailed all the way to the right, then left, then right, then...you get it. Scared the CRAP out of me! It's amazing I stayed on the bike, LOL.

Hahahaha, holy crap man! That blows!!!! I love when you are laying in the ground and you are pumping your fist in the air giving yourself a huge "right on!". That took some balls to share that with us! You sir, get some good gas.

I was actually giving my co-worker a thumbs-up to let him know I was ok. I've done SO many stoppies, and haven't gone too far since high school. Figures that it would happen in front of work :) That's what's great about the DRZ, though. If I'd done that on my Duc I can assure you that I would NOT have been laughing. The DRZ took it like a champ.

• Like 2