Sign in to follow this  

Hows The Landing these days?

I've never been there but plan on making it the first track I hit up this year. I've heard its hard pack sometimes which is fine because so is my track just didnt know how it holds up in the wet weather or anything else I should know about it before going.

I have always liked The Landing. Track does not hold well at all from rain! On dry days it does get hardpack for sure.

I was just there last sat....funny story..not really....called Snake Creek friday to see if they would be open Sat....dude said yes at 9am...great nice day...20 bux..we there...show up at 10am and not a sole there...old dude walked out and i said..are ya open? he goes back in to check with owner and came back out and said NO...track too muddy and it would be too dangerous!I was PISSED...drove 2 hours and NOW he decides...GRRRRRR....well i punched in The Landing on my GPS and see its only an hour or so away.Besides i had 2 buddies goin there so we hit the road.Got to The Landing at 11am.Track was only a little muddy in spots but overall in great shape.Been a long minute since my last trip there.Had a great time though.My first track ride of the year and it didnt disappoint.All table tops but dont let that discourage you from going.Wasnt too crowded either.

I was just there last sat....funny story..not really....called Snake Creek friday to see if they would be open Sat....dude said yes at 9am...great nice day...20 bux..we there...show up at 10am and not a sole there...old dude walked out and i said..are ya open? he goes back in to check with owner and came back out and said NO...track too muddy and it would be too dangerous!I was PISSED...drove 2 hours and NOW he decides...GRRRRRR....well i punched in The Landing on my GPS and see its only an hour or so away.Besides i had 2 buddies goin there so we hit the road.Got to The Landing at 11am.Track was only a little muddy in spots but overall in great shape.Been a long minute since my last trip there.Had a great time though.My first track ride of the year and it didnt disappoint.All table tops but dont let that discourage you from going.Wasnt too crowded either.

Yeah, been a while since I have been there, but I heard they changed all the doubles into tabletops. Kinda of a good idea for safety since they combined the Int/Expert tracks. Alot of the doubles on the expert side was do or die.

I agree, I like the idea of tabletops. Well doesnt look like much rain this week so Im gonna try and hit it up on Saturday or Sunday (if they dont have a race this weekend, havent checked)

I was there the last 2 Saturdays in a row. Track's been in great shape both weekends. I miss all the doubles it made it sorta challenging. But the tables also keep it so you can old speed now and flow around the track much faster. I also noticed there are much larger berms in every corner than ever before. The 80 foot table in the back is fun, and scrubbing over the big step up too.

I'll be there again Saturday with my brother who just moved home from Denver. Looks like 10% chance of rain so Saturday is the day.

Bikes and numbers? If I go I'll be there on a white yzf #612.

I think Im actually going on Sunday, can anyone go Sunday? FYI they just changed the weather to a higher precip chance on Saturday and less on Sunday. I need someone to ride with so let me know.

Thanks I'd appreciate it cause both my riding buddys have to work this weekend so I'll be ridin solo if no one from here goes.

No problem man i'll def say whats up. I been riding alone for over a year. All my friends just do different things now. But my bro just moved home a week ago so i take him now.

Yeah same here, I'm down to 2 friends that ride and they hardly ever do.

i know what ya mean...i'm down to 2 also...all my other friends live down in Maryland...lol

i know what ya mean...i'm down to 2 also...all my other friends live down in Maryland...lol

:)

See you Wednesday at Tomahawk. :banghead:

I certainly hope so...Simmy is bummed...he cant make it...i almost wanna pull the boy outta school for the day so he can go...almost...lol

Eh looks like some rain rolling in over Easton.... Someone in that area keep me updated, backup plan is blue diamond.

No looks like the rain is staying just south, thats why Im worried about Easton. Idk what to do, I like about 30 minutes from BD so I can monitor the actuall conditions a little better then Easton. Dont wanna drive 2 hours for a muddy track.