Sign in to follow this  

exhaust and intake

That kid,

You should also check the carb needle clip position. If it is in the middle, stock position, you can lower the clip one position and this will offer some benefit as well. Good luck.

cr500rider15 obviously knows little or nothing about CRF150's.

2008 crf150f

i am planning on putting in a uni filter, pro circuit t4 exhaust system, and a rejet. 115 main, and 42 pilot. anything else i should do? thanks

yah your pretty good to go. like coeshow said drop the clip on the needle. depending where you are a 45 pilot might work better.

That kid,

You should also check the carb needle clip position. If it is in the middle, stock position, you can lower the clip one position and this will offer some benefit as well. Good luck.

cr500rider15 obviously knows little or nothing about CRF150's.

So you didnt know that more airflow = more horsepower...i feel sorry for you.

So i didn't know about lowering the clip, but wouldn't you agree that cutting that extremely restricting snorkle out would also benefit the horsepower gains he will get from an aftermarket exhaust system? Like i said before, its simple. More air = more power. I just think coeshow's comment was unnecessary. :)

So i didn't know about lowering the clip, but wouldn't you agree that cutting that extremely restricting snorkle out would also benefit the horsepower gains he will get from an aftermarket exhaust system? Like i said before, its simple. More air = more power. I just think coeshow's comment was unnecessary. :)

he probably misunderstood you. Coeshow is a genius when it comes to the 150.

He understood you perfectly. His comment was warranted because you were giving bad advice as if it were fact. If you had posed it as a question it would have been harmless.

Recommending someone damage their bike (cutting up the airbox) to get more power when they'll get none is frowned upon. Removing the snorkel increases the size of the intake 4x to about 9 square inches. That's plenty, the engines airflow is then restricted by the cam (controls how long the valves are open) & the size of the carburetor (24mm Dia stock or about .7 square inches).

There's not much gain from a aftermarket exhaust until you have modified the engine as well. The cam doesn't care if you have a expensive exhaust system it still controls how the motor breaths.

No harm done.

Ride lots!

:banghead:

thanks for the good info. ill try lowering the clip one and see how that goes. whould i get a major difference with a new cam??

i think web cam and crower are the only ones that make them. Do a search and im sure something will come up.

i think web cam and crower are the only ones that make them. Do a search and im sure something will come up.

Don't forget Coeshow.

alright well i installed the t4 and the twin air filter yesterday as well as the jets. it works great and sounds awsome. i just had a question about my jets. the main jet as well as the pilot jet are screwed in all the way right? i havent touched the clip yet. how would i know if i need to change the clip position?