Sign in to follow this  

Great deal on motocross stand!

For those of you near a harbor freight tools, they are having a sidewalk sale this friday and among one of the discounted items is a dirtbike stand.

Its suppose to be $19.99!!

Here is the link:

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/itemdisplay/displayItem.do?itemid=66552&submit2=find+it

Im pretty sure its nationwide but I could easily be wrong. At least the one near me will be selling them at that price, as it was in the ad.

• Like 1

Don't that suck.....:) I just bought one from harbor freight yesterday for 40 bucks.......:banghead:

I cant find that ad my dad brought home but I saw it. $19.99. But you might want to double check with your local store just to double check and im sure they will return it or give you credit back.

Oh yea and since you already have one can you comment on the quality?

It seems pretty well built and will be more than sufficient for what I need it for. It takes about 5 minutes to put it together out of the box. You have to work it a little to get it to run smooth b/c of the paint but otherwise it was worth the 40 bucks...:)

It seems pretty well built and will be more than sufficient for what I need it for. It takes about 5 minutes to put it together out of the box. You have to work it a little to get it to run smooth b/c of the paint but otherwise it was worth the 40 bucks...:)

The top does not look flat - it has a rounded look. Any problems with stability of the bike on the stand?

The top does not look flat - it has a rounded look. Any problems with stability of the bike on the stand?

It is flat on top but tappers off on the sides. The flat portion is about the size of a normal skid plate. The manual for the stand says to stabilize the load with a strap. I'll let you know if I have any issues...:)

This one might not be as cool, but I picked this up at my local HF for under $10 (if you're totally on the cheap) and it is just about the perfect height. http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/itemdisplay/displayItem.do?itemid=94723

I couldn't find the price on it today, but it works well for a cheap solid stand.

That stand is multi-purpose! I love it. No more setting tools on the bike or the ground. :)

Not on sale everywhere! I just called a store in Colorado and they said it's still $40!

I was at one last week and picked up a more 'traditional' mx stand for $20. was kind of surprised they had one. great quality, all aluminum. doesnt have a cutout for a drain though.

The whole thing about that sidewalk sale or half their sales - is that they have one item to sell.

Here's my DRZ400 on the stand from Harbor Freight. It works pretty good but I'd strap it if you're gonna do a whole lot with it. It's fairly stable but does wobble a little bit. It's worth the 40 bucks that I paid so if you can get it cheaper it's worth the cash IMO...:)

DRZstand.jpg

Thats a good deal. Do you think the stand would be more stable with a smaller and lighter bike?

It might be but I'd still strap it to the stand if I plan to leave it for any length of time. It was really easy for me to lift my lunker up there on the stand as well. It locks and has an additional cotter type pin as a safety....

I don't know about you guys, but I prefer just a regular stand, I have both the lift stand and the regular stand that I have to lift my bike onto, but my bike is a lot more stable on the regular stand because it has a lot bigger platform.

For those of you near a harbor freight tools, they are having a sidewalk sale this friday and among one of the discounted items is a dirtbike stand.

Its suppose to be $19.99!!

Here is the link:

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/itemdisplay/displayItem.do?itemid=66552&submit2=find+it

Im pretty sure its nationwide but I could easily be wrong. At least the one near me will be selling them at that price, as it was in the ad.

Thanks for the Harbor Freight tip. Mine did have that stand for $19.99, but I went for this jack for $69.99, ten dollars off it's normal price.

93033.gif

Some turd burger went to my store and bought all 5 of the ones they had. So they wrote me a rain check to buy one for $20 when they get more in.:)