Sign in to follow this  

Mikuni fuel screw '04 te 450?????

Did a search but was not definitive on what I needed. My '04 te 450 has the "Mikuni" carb on it and I was wondering what after market fuel screw would work for this carb???? Thanks Alex

Did a search but was not definitive on what I needed. My '04 te 450 has the "Mikuni" carb on it and I was wondering what after market fuel screw would work for this carb???? Thanks Alex

What kind of problems are you experiencing with youre Mikuni ? I've got an 04 TC450 that I have spent considerable time in tuning the Mikuni. What is the elevation you're at ? what is the current jetting configuration on yours (Needle, main, pilot) ?

The general rule is that from the factory they came jetted very lean to meet EPA regulations. So, if I remember correctly, mine is jetted for sea level with

175 main

32.5 pilot

middle position on the needle.

and it runs great.

off topic a little, but does the mikuni have a hot start button like the keihin?

i have a 07 TE450 with the keihin and my mate has a 03 TE510 with the mikuni.

cheers

paul.

mikuni does not have a hot start.

you can remove the fuel screw, and jb weld an extension (something like an m3x10 hexhead (i'm guessing size...)) onto the end of it to get enough length to turn. there's no aftermarket fuel screw for it that i know of.

mikuni does not have a hot start.

you can remove the fuel screw, and jb weld an extension (something like an m3x10 hexhead (i'm guessing size...)) onto the end of it to get enough length to turn. there's no aftermarket fuel screw for it that i know of.

thanks for that.

paul.