Sign in to follow this  

Power Pilots on DRZsm what size rear can I fit

Anyone whos running Power Pilots on their DRZ what size can i fit on the rear ? Do your stick pretty good ? Iam just back and forth to work right now and i hated the Dunlops.

I just put 120/70/17 in the front and 150/60/17 rear. I just put mine on but they are favored by most TT users. I will ride to work with mine tomorrow for the first time...28 degrees...YIKES. Some people run 160 rear but most consider it overkill and it robs power.

Picture047.jpg

I just put 120/70/17 in the front and 150/60/17 rear. I just put mine on but they are favored by most TT users. I will ride to work with mine tomorrow for the first time...28 degrees...YIKES.

Picture047.jpg

Bike looks good. pp's are most likely my next choice.

Thanks Dirtwiz, not that cold here in florida, appreciate the help, sick looking bike by the way !!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Anyone whos running Power Pilots on their DRZ what size can i fit on the rear ? Do your stick pretty good ? Iam just back and forth to work right now and i hated the Dunlops.

I have 150/60 17 on mine. Fisrt SM tyres I've had, they seem pretty good to me.

100_2072.jpg

100_2073.jpg

Glen.

I haven't made the switch to Michelin Pilot Powers yet (I will at my next tire change), but I can comment on how long my Dunlop D208 rear tire lasted:

6 weeks, and 1,300 miles.

I've used Pilot Powers ever since they first came out several years ago, and I expect more milage as well and better grip and bump absorbtion.

Basically, I'm just using the D208s until it gets warmer.

Only after you install some Pilot Powers will you realize how shitty a tire the stock Dunlops are.

The PP's should give you decent mileage be it that they're intended for sport bikes with more than twice the hp of a Z.

Only after you install some Pilot Powers will you realize how shitty a tire the stock Dunlops are.

The PP's should give you decent mileage be it that they're intended for sport bikes with more than twice the hp of a Z.

I've known how shitty they were after the first ride :banghead: I've got Pilot Powers at the shop waiting to get put on. Only $24 for labor :)

I've known how shitty they were after the first ride :banghead: I've got Pilot Powers at the shop waiting to get put on. Only $24 for labor :)

I agree......I knew they weren't great the within days of owning the biike.

I did about 40 miles today on my Pilot Powers....very nice improvement and noticeable immediately....of course I just took off worn out 208's but I never had the stickum with 208's that I have with the PP's. I'm liking these tires.

150 fit well but make sure your chain is not slack or it will scuff your tire ...and rims.

Some have fit 160's but you have to offset the rim on the hub. Some are this way from the start if you order them for a DRZ.

Mine are not and I'm a big guy. Last time I spent time on one wheel my 150 scuffed.

If you take it to a good shop to mount have them offset for you. If you are under 190, you can probably get away with a 160. TO me, not worth it, I'd go with a 150.

can you still run 150's in the rear with an S swing arm?

can you still run 150's in the rear with an S swing arm?

Yes. :)

i run a 150/60 and it is all that i need. a 150 pilot power has some insane grip on a drz sm. trust me you dont need a 160.

i can confidently take turn 2 at laguna seca at 70+ without any worry of the rear breaking loose.