Sign in to follow this  

New to TT, building Motard... just intro

Just thought that I would stop in and give a thanks to the TT board for first existing and second having a great parts section. Love it!!!

I am, as you can tell, new to this whole dirt thing. I have been road racing for 5 years on 600's and 1000's but decided to take a smaller approach at the sport. Thus the WR250F came to live with me and now I have to build her into the machine I know she will be. I am looking for everything from tard rims to plastics in white. I love the idea of taking a 250 and tryingto make it eat up some vfr400 butt. cant wait.

I am open to any sugestions and in the mean time I will be reading over the vast amounts of information that is so readily avail here on TT.

Thanksagain for everything and thanks to all whom may or may not contribute knowledge on my behalf.

Heres to many conversations and shared laughs,

Too_much_time

get sumo tires and major motor/suspension work done.

and get some bar end and rear axle sliders.

dirt bikes handle so well on the street

already cad'd some sliders for it. they are cut, just gotta get some bolts now. as for the motor work, I am going to punch it out to a 290 and work the carb. all that is easy to do, I just dont know where the best place to get the parts would be. I found excell 17's for $725 laced, if I send in my hubs... I would like to keep a set for the dirt and a set for the street. IDK

I am looking real hard at the vaypor HUD. any suggestions for lights?

Have you checked out the Supermoto forum? If you live in near the Bay area I know some shops that can help you with Supermoto. PM me if you want.:)