Sign in to follow this  

Athena 490 runtime

Hey...

I have a 450x with an athena 490 installed, i wasnt able to find anything in the 450x forum so im trying here...

I just want to know what kinda hours you guys get out of the athena piston and rings fitted to your 450s?

Also does wiseco or any company like that make a replacement piston thats more durable..

I only say this because i keep hearing that the athena pistons dont last.

Thanks

I've had the athena kit in 2002 CRF450R kept the till the 07 came out replaced the piston twice. I put a the athena kit on my 07 and it been on it 8 months. Had to shim the valves but no problem with the piston. I a fan of the Athena big bore kit.

At this time we don't offer pistons for the Athena CRF480 kits. We have a 101mm piston for our 500 cylinder, but that is larger than the Athena 480. For 2009 we added the 83mm pistons for the 290cc big bores on the 250F's, but we wanted to see how those take off before adding the pistons for the 480's.

At this time we don't offer pistons for the Athena CRF480 kits. We have a 101mm piston for our 500 cylinder, but that is larger than the Athena 480. For 2009 we added the 83mm pistons for the 290cc big bores on the 250F's, but we wanted to see how those take off before adding the pistons for the 480's.

I beleieve its a 488.. 100mm piston.. so you guys dont stock this ? Will you anytime in the near future...

Not the 100mm. Only the 98mm, then it jumps to the 101mm 500cc.

Order 8 customs, and I'll give you a deal. Then you can be the only guy selling 100mm WISECO 488cc pistons.:)

Not the 100mm. Only the 98mm, then it jumps to the 101mm 500cc.

Order 8 customs, and I'll give you a deal. Then you can be the only guy selling 100mm WISECO 488cc pistons.:)

How much for 1 custom ? And what could you do 8 for ? There seems to be alot of people after a better piston for the athena kit...

How much for 1 custom ? And what could you do 8 for ? There seems to be alot of people after a better piston for the athena kit...

Check your PM.