Sign in to follow this  

Plumas Nf Comments Due this Friday

Done.

Wow, that was easy! Just follow the link and shoot your comments off. :)

Change the wording a little, they don't like email generators. Easy money. :banghead:

Re: Plumas NF Travel Management Comment

Dear Alice Carlton,

Plumas National Forest has previously published a “Summer OHV Use Map”. I request that all the OHV (ORV) routes indicated upon the Summer OHV Map be added back into each alternative.

Private landowners are the appropriate party to decide if access to and from their land is permissible. I request that the Plumas designate all routes up to private boundaries.

California Highway Patrol has stated in writing that forest roads are exempt from California Vehicle Code Section 38001. However the Plumas Forest staff have chosen to prohibit motorized trail vehicles from forest trails and roads. I request the Plumas continue to allow non street legal vehicles on forest roads and trails.

I request a copy of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife’s Biological Opinion relied upon prior to publishing the Plumas Forest DEIS.

done. I've also done some work directly with one of the rider groups who has been trying to stop the land grab.

Just wrote my own letter instead of generator. :)

I will do both.

You should too.

The letter generator is a good way to let your representatives (both state and federal) to know how you feel about the closures.

The FS isn;t the only people that need to hear your needs.

Custom letter sent to both Plumas and to Tom McClintock.

Done, we all need to get on board with these petitions.

Can't accept two comments from same email. Stupid wankers.

Guess I'll have to do it from work.

i sent mine in.

but are they really listening??? theres been alot of talk about the letter-generator generated letters not carrying enough weight.

They do matter. But, a personal letter is MUCH more effective. Our peers need to wake up and act.